Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well tomorrow is the day...installing pipes and rejet kit myself. I have my Clymer manual, the Jetology doc, the official Honda manual, the directions from Dynojet, and a whole lotta can do attitude. Never worked on carbs but I can turn a wrench and read directions...I also have the whole day set aside so I will take my time.

Any last minute advice from the experienced gear heads? Can't wait to dive in. Wish me luck!

Edit - Instaling on an '07 Spirit 1100

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
Sounds like you're prepared. Hopefully you have the Honda Shop Manual. The Clymer is bird cage liner. Like was said before, have fun.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just make sure when you are done to have some beer in your hand and think of what you have done.:cool:
It feels great afterwards thinking about what has been done that day.:mrgreen:

Have a good one

Gunnar Már
Iceland

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Pay attention to the orientation of the slides when you remove them - replace them in the same front to back orientation.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
eh. Easy job. Get some non hardening silicone grease to put on the carb boots. Otherwise you'll wrestle them for HOURS!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well finished everything up. Oddly enough I thought the pipes were more frustrating than the rejet. I don't think the folks at Hard Krome have ever installed a set of their pipes on a Shadow. I ended up bolting the pipes to the mounting bracket first and then put the pipes on the bike...Hard Krome seems to think it's better mounting the bracket and then doing the pipes. I stongly disagreed (the swing arm is right in the way especially for the top pipe). Either way...pipes sound AMAZING and the bike runs great. Will hopefully have some pics of the finished product soon.

·
Registered
10,252 Posts
Glad it worked out good for you. Hate you did not post pics tho:p
Coop

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Oh that's sweet. Good for you. That looks absolutely awesome. I don't see any empty beer cans either.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Nice pipes. Are those the American Classics or the Strippers?

edit: Oops, guess they're American Classics. Their website doesn't list Strippers as an option for your year and model.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts