Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My EZ brackets arrived today and put them on with no trouble. Really cleaned up the bike without having that saddle yoke hanging over my rear fender.

Btw this my local store said if any Honda guys order them he will sell them for $130.00 plus shipping - ask for Kim and mention JD. He's a good guy. Cheapest I have seen was 142.00 for them at Cruiser customizing .

http://www.casporttouring.com/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
335 Posts
I went to the link but couldn't find the ez brackets. What are they?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Aero98 said:
My EZ brackets arrived today and put them on with no trouble. Really cleaned up the bike without having that saddle yoke hanging over my rear fender.

Btw this my local store said if any Honda guys order them he will sell them for $130.00 plus shipping - ask for Kim and mention JD. He's a good guy. Cheapest I have seen was 142.00 for them at Cruiser customizing .

http://www.casporttouring.com/
Glad to hear that the EZ Brackets went on with no problem. I just purchased them from http://www.scootworks.com along with some Engine Guards for my VLX and they were delivered yesterday.....but way to cold here back in Michigan to put them on just yet. And yeah, they ran me $142.00 inclucing shipping, but you have to spend over $199.00 to get that free shipping from Scootworks. Ride Safe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Trueseaker said:
I went to the link but couldn't find the ez brackets. What are they?
They are a quick release saddlebag mounting system with built in locks. No additional supports or brackets are needed when you use the EZ Brackets. The mount may be a little pricey.....they are an excellent bracket.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trueseaker said:
I went to the link but couldn't find the ez brackets. What are they?
He doesnt have them listed but if called has them.
As mentioned they allow you to mount bags and lock them or take them off when you want .
Heres before with the saddle bag yoke showing and after without the yoke




Heres the Easy brackets website
http://www.easybrackets.com/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,345 Posts
This is the stage just before shrivel :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
They don't make 'em for the 750 Spirit either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
818 Posts
I just put a set of Easy Brackets on my 750 Aero yesterday and I didn't have too much fun doing it.

I had real trouble getting the mounting posts to line up. I still don't have them lined up enough that the Easy Bracket slides right on them. Is it supposed to just slide right on, or should there be a little resistance?

In order to get the left side bracket to even mount, I have to back the front bolt out pretty far. Did anyone else have to use washers on any of their bolts to get the front and rear to line up or is my fender just warped?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maverick750 said:
I just put a set of Easy Brackets on my 750 Aero yesterday and I didn't have too much fun doing it.

I had real trouble getting the mounting posts to line up. I still don't have them lined up enough that the Easy Bracket slides right on them. Is it supposed to just slide right on, or should there be a little resistance?

In order to get the left side bracket to even mount, I have to back the front bolt out pretty far. Did anyone else have to use washers on any of their bolts to get the front and rear to line up or is my fender just warped?
I ordered the longer bolts that are mentioned on their website .
Without those , you are corrrect , its not going to line up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
550 Posts
Don't fit my '86 either........... :cry:

But, at lease I have a "custom" made bracket to keep the bags out of my rear tire!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
818 Posts
Aero98 said:
I ordered the longer bolts that are mentioned on their website...
I ordered the longer bolts, too. They sent two bolts longer than the other two. I used the longest bolts for the front docking post and the shorter ones for the rear.

Are you supposed to use the longer bolts on one side and the shorter bolts on the other, or the longer for the rear and shorter for the front. Instructions didn't specify which docking post gets which bolt.

OR, and I'm hoping like hell this isn't the case, were all 4 bolts supposed to be the same length?
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top