Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting some KURYAKYN ISO GRIPS for my 1997 1100 ACE. I am not the most mechanically inclined person. So with that said, is installing new grips on my bike something I could do myself? How difficult is it?

Thx for the time and help

Jason B of RI

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
First time. 30 minute job. Second time 15 minutes. Seen a U-tube video where the guy did it in about 5 min. Only tool I need is a box cutter to cut the old grip and peal it off. I think on my Aero the throttle grip end cap is threaded and has to be spun off after the rubber is pealed off. You can do it!

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Not a big job, I used the Kury Universal Grips on my Sabre, they just slide right over the throttle sleeve, I believe the ISO's you have to disconnect the throttle cables and reinstall? I would recommend getting the Throttle Boss to put on also as it makes it easier operating the throttle on long rides, also if you are thinking about a throttle lock, it is best to install it before you put the new grips on, it's just easier doing before.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I just installed the ISO grips on my bike, 06 SS750.. The tough part is cutting off the old grip and removing all the old glue, I used goo-gone. Also, I found out, by dry fitting the grips first before applying the cement, that one is going to be smaller than the other.. Make sure you get them on the correct side..

Ron

·
Registered
98 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.