Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who does everyone use for their insurance companies in LA and what are you paying for your premium/levels of coverage? Currently I have an 85 vt500c (cheap insurance like 170 a year) and am considering buying a sv650 the naked version or the fz6 and I'm just trying to get some ideas on who to get quotes from. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've got State Farm only because that is where I have my car & renter's insurance. I pay $42/month for full coverage = $504 a year.

I'm interested in getting full coverage somewhere a bit cheaper as well.

Anyone have any experience with Farmer's or Geico bike insurance?

·
Registered
92 Posts
[/quote]Pete - Do they give you ice cream if you file a claim?[/quote]

Nah, but I did find a quart of milk by the front door.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Foremost is a Farmers Insurance Company. They guy that I have my bike insurance with now has our car and homeowners. Not a bad deal. Under $200 for the bike and my 16 year old daughter who has here own car is a bit over $1000/yr. Not bad for CA.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I tacked the bike onto my AAA insurance. I have had AAA for years, and I'm over 25 with no accidents. The difference for the bike was $14/mo. or about $170 per year. I live in San Diego, though, so LA may simply be higher because of traffic and theft issues.

·
Registered
508 Posts
mountain bike mike said:
geico is pricey! i remember gasping when i got a quote a few years ago. what do they thing i am, a caveman? :D
Not so much so. I am 27, married and have no tickets/accidents. For me, my GEICO insurance costs me $18/mo. The coverages are also 100/300/50 which is TEN TIMES the required amount for CA. Then again, I do live way out in the desert, away from LA so that could be why. Progressive was actually MORE than GEICO, and I seem to remember GEICO being a good motorcycle insurer. At least that's what the finance lady told me at the dealer.. :lol:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm 27 clean record first year motorcyclist and my Progressive insurance is $107 for 10 mo. out here for S.D. county

·
Registered
42 Posts
SGTShadow said:
I just started riding a few months ago and my insurance is disgustingly high. I'm under 25 also so it doesn't really help. I took the motorcycle safety course though. How long until I can expect a break?
From past forums, it doesn't seem like there is much of any "break" for taking the MSC...around 4 bucks (a tank of gas whoo hoo!)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What levels of coverage do each of you have?

I'm debating on the liability amounts plus getting collision and comprehensive.

Also do you have uninsured motorist? Not sure if this is worth it.

Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts