Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm located in a smaller city in Southern Ontario, Canada and my renewal just came today, insuring my two bikes, an 06 Suzuki S40 and an 05 Shadow Spirit 1100. My one year renewal comes to $959. I'm an older male with a good driving record, and a multi-line discount, insuring two autos and home insurance all with the same company. My understanding is our American friends tend to pay far less. I'm interested in hearing what others pay to ride within this fine community.

·
Registered
62 Posts
for my bike i pay 110 a year.
but my neighbors son pays almost 1400 a year for his crotch rocket and that was the lowest he could find for it because of the kind of bike he has. yes its fast as hell.
hid dad has a year newer bike then me and he pays the same as me

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
for my bike i pay 110 a year.
but my neighbors son pays almost 1400 a year for his crotch rocket and that was the lowest he could find for it because of the kind of bike he has. yes its fast as hell.
hid dad has a year newer bike then me and he pays the same as me
So are you covered for full collision for that kind of money? Fire and theft, comprehensive, etc? That's crazy cheap.

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
Im paying $100.00 a year here in Mass for just the basics. :)

·
Premium Member
8,878 Posts
To insure my 2013 Shadow Aero and 2013 Victory XCT it costs about $950.00 a year.. That includes comprehensive, life and disability, accessories, under insured, non insured - pretty-much maxed out coverages.. If I got barest minimum, it would be about $350 a year..

I really need to organize.. Insurance overlaps are probably burning holes in my pockets.. :neutral: ..Still..

Also.. Don't know why, but my XCT costs less to insure than my Shadow??? ...

Anyway.. Seems like you guys and gals to the north have always been robbed by the insurance companies.. Whereas here in the USA, we can choose to be robbed to whatever degree we wish :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Insurance is a business and their sole purpose of existence is to make money. They can make it sound how good it is for you, but when you need it, it’s a different story. If you are not savvy to legal technicality, and terms, you most likely will be cannon fodder. Through lobbyist professionals, laws mandate insurance for just about everything and anything weather you want it or not. When the government tells you they are doing it for your own good and protection, you might as well grab your sox because you know what is happening. First, you must understand this and the fact that you can’t do anything about it. I could go on with volumes of factual cases I am fully aware of, but it would be to long. So, if you haven’t had or heard of bad experience with insurance, odds are that you will. Now, for the insurance peddlers on this forum, go ahead and hit me with your best shot – I have no additional comments and of course ‘you’ will only sell good policies to all your clients and I have no right to make statements like this on a public forum without supporting evidence… I guess you are the wiener!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm located in a smaller city in Southern Ontario, Canada and my renewal just came today, insuring my two bikes, an 06 Suzuki S40 and an 05 Shadow Spirit 1100. My one year renewal comes to $959. I'm an older male with a good driving record, and a multi-line discount, insuring two autos and home insurance all with the same company. My understanding is our American friends tend to pay far less. I'm interested in hearing what others pay to ride within this fine community.
$120 year, not comprehensive. Insurance company's burn loyal customers. get bids every two years.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
NM is terrible for insurance. When we moved here we were paying more for one car than 2 in Wisconsin. I still have my son on my policy and we have both bikes, 02 ACE with him as the main rider and my 14 Phantom with me as the main rider and are paying $76. Per month full coverage on both. We have progressive which I checked is by far the lowest for bikes for us and has been for our cars as well and played out twice what we owed on my sons car when it got totaled with out raising our rates but were told when my son moves out and puts the bike in his name his rates will go up quite a bit because of the car accedent which they and not the police determined was his fault no mater what I said. So he's gonna pay when he's on his own for a while. Nice that they don't raise it now.
Probably one of the worst things about NM is any type of insurance even home ins, I'm paying more for a moble home than for a house with 2 acres on a lake in Wis.
I also checked on sport bikes and just for me at 55 and concidered a rider with 35 years experience because I got my licence at 20 is $400 a month, more than bike payment would be by far.
Shadows are in the lowest bracket without going down to a Rebel, I could have gotten that for $7. A month fully covered and almost did till a road one!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Here in Tennessee I'm paying $95.00 per year with Progressive. Comprehensive & collision. The other companies were about $160.00. 2009 Aero.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Two cars, truck, four bikes and a trike. Couple hundred a year in Texas. You've got to have a picture of your insurance agent drunk and doing something really obscene at a party.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
For my 07 Sabre, the range was from $79 per year minimum liability up to $500 per year full comprehensive/collision 100/300 liability.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Allstate. $7.00 / month.

·
Registered
471 Posts
on my 04 1100 Sabre, I was paying 230$/year
I think on the fury 2013 1300 I'll be paying about 500$ a year...I'm not happy about returning to Ontario in a few years...insurance will make me hold my ankles :-(

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Full coverage in NWT costs me $900/year, just liability in Ontario cost me about $998/year. Canadian insurance is a rip off. We get boned.

Dingo.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Just sharing a brief thought and not encouraging doing it, but it would be a sad day when a four wheeler can actually stop and catch an experienced motorcyclist. I honestly don't think I would ever try to 'flee' when I know I am breaking a law that I may dislike. Anyway, law enforcement persons have a tough enough job as it is, and they do have a quota to meet. Better to pay than have your bike impounded, large fine, and suspended drivers license along with risking anyone's safe being. Guess I've matured beyond doing dumb things... like I said, just a brief thought.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Thru Markel with 100,000/300,000, I think $500 deductible might be $100, and 24/7 roadside coverage I'm paying $90/year on the Shadow and $80/year on the Rebel.

·
Premium Member
8,878 Posts
Full coverage in NWT costs me $900/year, just liability in Ontario cost me about $998/year. Canadian insurance is a rip off. We get boned.

Dingo.
Yup! Love that Country to The North, but sometimes I think they are having a lark..

Having said that.. :neutral: ..I pay $250 a month in health insurance premiums.. That's 3k a year in insurance I didn't use but once last year.. For Glasses.. Then I was billed for the copay :roll:..

Sometimes I feel like spitting in some HUGE cow-poke's drink, around closing time, just to get my money's worth :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts