Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike is a 97. Is there plpd for bikes, is this something I should do? I know most people would do this for a car this old. How does this work with bikes.

My bike is basically like brand new. Only has 2800 miles on it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Jason

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I carry full coverage on mine as well, it's usually only an extra $20 or so a year. But I paid only $80 or so for a year anyway.

You should base your decision on whether or not you can afford to fix or replace it if for some reason it's damaged.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I carry full coverage & it is pretty pricey in WA, but the collision portion is not that bad. Liability is what I really worry about, not that a bike can do much damage to a car, but the world is full of lawsuit happy people. If I have full coverage my umbrella policy covers anything over the regular policy limits.

·
Registered
74 Posts
For $86 a year, I carry full coverage. Just something about saying full coverage that makes me feel more at ease.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Switched to Progressive and now have full coverage for less than I used to pay Farm Bureau for liability.
This. Switched from State Farm to Progressive. Less than half what I paid for one bike to cover two bikes, plus roadside assistance.

Full coverage, No brainer. :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea I am going to go with progressive for sure. Thats what my car is under so I'll get a mutli vehicle discount. I thought I was going to be a lot more then what it will be. I got a quick quote yesterday and it was only 250 for the year. So yea I guess it's a no brainier.

Went to a bike night in Romeo, MI last night.. Man I can't wait to get on the road.

thanks for all the advice
Jason

1 - 9 of 9 Posts