Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
04 shadow aero
150 Posts
Only one way to find out.. call around. Mine was about $120/year till my wife got a ticket and accident. Now it’s about $500 for the year. But I’m about 20 years older than you

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
15,252 Posts
I have Allstate with cars and home. I pay about $120.00 year for basic insurance. If you have a loan it probably would need full coverage. And different state are different prices.
I am a lot older too.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
You can guess, ask for opinions, or you can call for an accurate quote. It's free, so why not?

Personally, I've been using Geico. Make sure to get roadside assistance...cheap and worth it.

Reactions: Grizzlywolf67

·
Registered
671 Posts
phone around......Had been with USAA, which uses Progressive.....At that time it was the best deal..then checked with Geico next yr and it was much lower for the same coverage......I think the cheapest was Dairyland.....and if u do a search on here, members have had good things to say about them....but I ended up going with Geico this past yr

·
Registered
2003 VT1100C Spirit
257 Posts
Like swifty, I'm with Allstate and have everything -- home, auto, travel trailer plus motorcycles -- on an all inclusive package and pay about the same ($120) per bike. The motorcycle policy doesn't list riders like the auto policy, so rates did not increased for the bikes like they did with the autos when my son got his MC license. (It may be different in Nebraska.)

Shop around and good luck!

We used to have a George Forman grill and loved it!

·
Registered
2002, Shadow Spirit 1100
1,642 Posts
I use Progressive here in Texas. 3 bikes under $300.00 per year. It was cheaper when I had liabililty only but the hit and runs were going up so I added uninsured / underinsured to my policy.

·
Registered
762 Posts
The biggest expense on my bike insurance is under/uninsured motorists. My liability insurance is like $60 a year. I would have to look it up on my bill but my insurance with comp/collision is something like $240 year. The biggest like I said is state mandatory under/uninsured coverage. I live SC BTW. We have too many drivers with state minimum insurance or no insurance. There has been a big crack down over the last few on uninsured drivers but the state minimums are still ridiculous low.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Alright, so I'm 16, live in Nebraska, and just got a Honda Shadow. How much do you think my insurance will be?
You can go online to Geico they advertise here and usually has a link in the side bar >>>>
Here's a link
GEICO | Motorcycle Insurance

You can get a quote right there online,
Just the facts, sorry no bloviation about MY insurance, which would be worthless to you.
(y)
don't buy progressive...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts