Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just rejetted my carb and put on a Hypercharger kit and am having weird issues. As best I can describe it I get a sound coming from my carbs that sounds like it is backfiring through them. I have Cobra Classic Deluxe Slashcut exhaust on there and am running the 134 and 138 jets that came with the Hypercharger. It runs great at Wide Open Throttle(WOT) but is essentially misfiring in idle and cruising situations. It also is having some problems with backfiring through the exhaust. I will be replacing the exhaust gaskets and am going to check compression on the cylinders in a day or two and see if it comes up with anything off. Any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
335 Posts
I don't have any help for you but wanted to compliment you both on your bike and your photography skills!

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
If that is a dual carb setup like on the 1100's you should re-sync the carbs, you had justs changed a lot of parameters that could strongly affect the amount of air being drawn through the carbs.

Also double and triple check you connections between the carb and intake boots for leaks.

Assuming you didn't man-handle the floats when you popped the bowls that would be the last thing to check (float level).

Might want to post the same message on the 750 website...I think they have a lot more experience with the setup you have.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You've probably added considerable air to all your carb circuits and have only rejetted or fattened your main jets.

Assuming you have already tried adjusting your pilot screws and you are still backfiring at idle and/or decel, I suspect that your primary circuit is to lean. You might want to consider purchasing the next size larger pilot jets. A buddy of mine had the same problem, although not with the hyper charger, on his 1100 Aero and his aftermarket pipes.

If its still backfiring while cruising you might also have to shim your needles or adjust your clip a notch.

bloody hand

1 - 4 of 4 Posts