Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just found this forum and am excited to talk to other motorcyclists, especially Shadow riders. I am female, 57 years old, and back on a bike again after many years. I actually got my motorcycle license in 1970, before many of you were born :D. I was the first woman to get a motorcycle license at the Brockton, Massachusetts registry. My first bike was a Honda CB 350. When I started riding, most of the bikes were too high for my 5'3" body, and even on the 350, I had to balance on my toes. I had my motorcycle only licence for over a year before I got my automobile license. Fast forward to 3 years ago. I had raised 4 kids, gone back to school, and decided I was ready to ride again. I bought a 2000 Honda Shadow 600, and it was love at first sight! It is low enough for me to balance comfortably, not too heavy, and has custom Vance Hines pipes. It is faster than I expected, and I have yet to find a Harley or any other bike I can't keep up with. It cruises easily at 80 (not that I ever go over the speed limit). Looking forward to talking to anyone, especially other women riders.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts