Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The "movie" linked below is more of a voiceover on text, so not worth watching. But,

the content is mostly about things in our financial world that may change, and those changes could ultimately destroy this country, primarily a change in world reserve currency – that used to trade oil, and what one can expect or do about it when that happens. It seems that several countries, sans US, have allegedly met to discuss this very thing.

The purpose is really a sales pitch to buy Porter Stansberry's newsletters and other works - all about investing tips, strategies, etc.

I watched this video a few weeks ago and did not think much of it - more doom and gloom prediction, but recently heard it circulating on the broadcast airwaves.

The video is prefaced by many warnings that the content is controversial and may be offensive. I do not personally see it that way, but some may not like it; most will likely find it just a waste of time. It makes reference to US financial collapses and problems with the housing market – the business end of it all, and as I’ve said, reference to the world reserve currency.

I don’t post this to cause any controversy here, but to share the information and hopefully give other’s insight to how our world could change in a very dramatic way.

http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pro/1011PSIENDVD/OPSIM104/PR

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
I put 12k into the market 10/09 that was good for 18k when I flushed that a year later.
50%
Today I am up 16.16% since purchase on 12/07/10.

In my opinion (which is why I outlined my track record for the last two years), that was 100% a sales pitch. He never stated any facts, but his opinions.
"I promise you."
He can, "just about guarantee..."

All hallmarks of salesmanship.

Seriously - I am in energy in several ways - leasing companies for equipment - oil - gas - strategic metals, each having their own boom times.

There is also this push in technology that will usher web 2.0 - it's happening as we speak. So there are plays in service companies in that sector.

My underlying premise is to play the servicers, not the industry itself. They change orientation in the market after the maker has moved.
Very reactive and close to the industry for the most part.

I don't listen to anyone else. Not Kramer, who is a shill, none of them.
I read the papers and watch events unfold and find companies.
Then I do the research.

It's not hard, just time consuming.

·
Registered
9,278 Posts
I put 12k into the market 10/09 that was good for 18k when I flushed that a year later.
50%
Today I am up 16.16% since purchase on 12/07/10.

In my opinion (which is why I outlined my track record for the last two years), that was 100% a sales pitch. He never stated any facts, but his opinions.
"I promise you."
He can, "just about guarantee..."

All hallmarks of salesmanship.

Seriously - I am in energy in several ways - leasing companies for equipment - oil - gas - strategic metals, each having their own boom times.

There is also this push in technology that will usher web 2.0 - it's happening as we speak. So there are plays in service companies in that sector.

My underlying premise is to play the servicers, not the industry itself. They change orientation in the market after the maker has moved.
Very reactive and close to the industry for the most part.

I don't listen to anyone else. Not Kramer, who is a shill, none of them.
I read the papers and watch events unfold and find companies.
Then I do the research.

It's not hard, just time consuming.
Most salient thing I've read all weekend.

I really like Nicholas Nassim Taleb. He'll tell you none of them know anything, if they did, they would all be Billionaires and would have predicted every crash and surge in History.

"They" don't know s**t.

Get to know an industry, watch trends, pay attention, invest don't gamble. There's a difference.

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
If they were all "experts", then the whole world would be rich, would they not?

You think that Warren Buffet gives away all his secrets?

·
Registered
10,153 Posts
If they were all "experts", then the whole world would be rich, would they not?

You think that Warren Buffet gives away all his secrets?
Many ARE experts. GREAT KNOWLEDGEABLE experts. We learn everything we know from experts...Investing is no different. the thing there is don;t listen to people like ME...Listen to those who have L O N G proven track records..For me it's been Cramer, Buffet. The Motley Fool, and Charles Schwab...IF you buy mutual funds you are listening to experts who take a percentage of your money year after year win or lose. . When you buy stocks you become in effect a "Mutual Fund manager" whose job it is to manage risk while crating capital gains and or income. True investing Knowledge is in knowing who the experts worth listening to are and why they are successful. I don't believe in Mutual Funds personally. I like companies with good stories. I need people like Cramer and the Gardners and Schwab to help guide me towards them. Make a case for them.

BTW Buffet DOES give away his secrets..We ALL know what he is buying and why. Buffet cannot operate in a vacuum because his purchases are way way too large to hide. Everyone knows he bought a crapload of Wells Fargo when the banks were hit badly. Why not tag along? he bought a railroad...again why not tag along? Buffet sells his OWN stock. Surely anyone can buy his brain!! buy a share of BRK-A BAMM you know every move he makes...

Cramer knows the business of investing. He eats sleeps and breathes it. his credentials are impeccable and he is FREE!!! On the other hand I pay for a Motley Fool Newsletter which has been fantastic for the past 10 years. When Cramer and MF are in agreement and if Schwab rates the companies high as well it is a no brainier.

cramer and his staff do a lot of the background work on companies and know how the markets operate. I have personally done well on most of his calls since last Summer alone. Many have been doubles and a few triples. Both Motley Fool and Cramer recommended a company called NetFLiX when it was $50. (MF first recommended in years ago in their Newsletter when it was in the $20s and reiterated in the $50s) Having used Netflix. I believed in their company and I bought in and have been buying on dips. (recently a HUGE gift of a 40 point drop which isn't so bad when you were already riding a triple) and which has since nicely recovered.

The "Mobile Internet Tsunami" stocks Cramer laid out last year are huge winners....since last Summer alone. I am a smart phone geek I get it...He may be a shill but plenty of people including myself have achieved some very very nice gains on his musings. I would have never known or thought to invest in Skyworks , Ciena..or Cirrus without DVRing his show. Or the gas company, Chesapeake which he has been "shilling" and (I have been buying) for months He has had a few meltdown picks (like Sketchers) . But the winners like CRM, Deckers, FFIV, (all BOTH Motley Fool and Cramer best buys last year) more than made up for the bummers . FFIV just gave a nice little gift to believers in a sweet 20% pullback which is recovering nicely which is up 100% since he recommended them.

FORD another winner...Bank of America. Nvidia. All Cramer and Motley Fool picks...and Schwab. All correct. All risk free companies. All winners for me.

If someone does not have time, inclination or EDUCATION to PROPERLY research a company (few can, I certainly can not) and instead pays a service for a newsletter and watches people like Cramer and has a good broker research resources and they ALL have the same view. All one needs to do is research the company enough to understand what it does and if you feel good about it and the Cramers, MFs and your brokers views make sense, buy a little at a time and be patient.

I never forgot Cramer said said to sell in Oct 08 after people already took a wallop but called the bottom in March 09 and has been right ever since while naysayers were calling him a shill and every rally a bear market rally and yet his sector predictions and stock picks have been very very good since then. A guy doiesn't keep a show like his for long if he is not helping his viewers navigate treacherous waters successfully which is exactly why I started watching him a couple years ago and started follwing him when he was saying what MF and Schwab research was saying..

With people like Cramer and MF and your Broker like Schwab doing all the heavy lifting all I need to do is "manage risk" That is alot easier to do than researching 20 companies and market trends and sectors. It means keeping some powder dry and not getting greedy.

·
Registered
10,153 Posts
The "movie" linked below is more of a voiceover on text, so not worth watching. But,

the content is mostly about things in our financial world that may change, and those changes could ultimately destroy this country, primarily a change in world reserve currency – that used to trade oil, and what one can expect or do about it when that happens. It seems that several countries, sans US, have allegedly met to discuss this very thing.

The purpose is really a sales pitch to buy Porter Stansberry's newsletters and other works - all about investing tips, strategies, etc.

I watched this video a few weeks ago and did not think much of it - more doom and gloom prediction, but recently heard it circulating on the broadcast airwaves.

The video is prefaced by many warnings that the content is controversial and may be offensive. I do not personally see it that way, but some may not like it; most will likely find it just a waste of time. It makes reference to US financial collapses and problems with the housing market – the business end of it all, and as I’ve said, reference to the world reserve currency.

I don’t post this to cause any controversy here, but to share the information and hopefully give other’s insight to how our world could change in a very dramatic way.

http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pro/1011PSIENDVD/OPSIM104/PR
FEAR sells....

Books with the Title "Domesday is Coming" sell far better than "Springtime on the Horizon" LOL

If what he says is true one may as well buy a crapload of Campbells soup cans to use as the coming currency. May as well stay invested if money will have no value...LOL can't serve a brick of gold for dinner.

So basically he is shorting the markets and losing his ass right now.

And it looks like Great Britain survived after all just fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts