Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Honda Shadow ACE VT1100T
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ACE VT1100T Is afterfiring typical or is it something that needs to be addressed for that health of the motorcycle. I don’t mind it, it’s a “comes with the territory” situation in my mind. Do I need to adjust the air fuel mixture because it’s lean, or… No big deal?

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
15,950 Posts
These fire 2 plugs on the same cylinder on each crank revolution ( exhaust stroke too) so it will fire any fuel in the exhaust. It is just the Honda ignition system. There are air cut valves on many models supposed to help. My old 1983 doesn't have that and it pops A LOT on decel. I am used to it now. I do beleve if you change the factory exhaust to pipes with no crossover it make it worse. That is what mine has.The crossover helps soften the exhaust pulses. Many guys richen up the mixture screws and it does help.

·
Registered
2003 VT1100C Spirit
347 Posts
My '03 VT1100C does not pop at all. I have the Cobra slash cut pipes and re-jeted the carbs as per Cobra's instructions that came with the re-jet kit (I believe the jet kit is made by Dyno Jet). Part of the re-jet procedure included re-setting the needle. Also, the air filter is a K&N.

The carbs are synchronized and the fuel mixture has been set using the Idle Drop Procedure as described in the Honda Shop Manual (or described by swifty in another post).

:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts