Honda Shadow Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I pay less than $300 annually for my '01 VT750DC (full coverage, roadside/towing, the works)
Progressive
Is motorcycle insurance generally more expensive in Canada? I'm in the US...
Generally, very much so, especially when you factor in which province in Canada you are insured in.
"full coverage" in Canada vs the USA, can vary drastically though too.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I pay less than $300 annually for my '01 VT750DC (full coverage, roadside/towing, the works)
Progressive
Is motorcycle insurance generally more expensive in Canada? I'm in the US...
Well, I pay less than you for full coverage. 180$ per year for insurance. (Your age , driving record and how long you've had your driver's license will have an effect on how much you pay.) My friendly government screws me over for registration and drivers license. I pay 560$ a year for registration and and an extra 40$ a year for the motorcycle driver's license. A grand total of 780$ per year, well, per season (from late April to early November)

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I'm paying 98 a month, that's almost 1200 a year for just PLPD. What a rip off!

Dingo.
2010 Honda Shadow Phantom-Custom

Sent from my 'droid device

·
Registered
454 Posts
I buy only what I need to get the bike on the road. For me liability is only $74.00 a year from Progressive. If I am going to wreck it bad enough to be really expensive I will most likely be close to being a vegetable and will not fix it anyways. As long as everyone else is covered around me if I hit them I'm good to go.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wow I think after reading these I better get some quotes. I pay just over 86/mo in Toronto for my phantom with state farm. I assumed it was because I'm in the city. Anyone else getting lower cruiser rates than that in the city?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Wow I think after reading these I better get some quotes. I pay just over 86/mo in Toronto for my phantom with state farm. I assumed it was because I'm in the city. Anyone else getting lower cruiser rates than that in the city?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Ironically enough I found a cheaper rate with Intact. I was with Riders Plus and my rates kept going up every year for no reason. The best quote I got was from Intact, about $70/mo. I'm in south Mississauga and ride downtown every day for work.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I'm now with Desjardin , best price i've seen.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Just got my renewal, dropped $20 from last year.. Yeah not a huge drop, but seeing sub $300 after paying $800+ for over a decade always puts a smile on my face.

·
Registered
1999 Honda Shadow 750
11 Posts
I'm insured through Elite Insurance at about $200 a year for PLPD on my 1999 Honda Shadow 750.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts