Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Chattanooga, so I am only about an hour and half away from Knoxville. I am still debating whether or not to go. I mainly want to go to demo ride a Goldwing. I wanted to do some of the rides, but find it kind of hard to swallow paying $18 for each group ride, when I can do that for free with my friends anytime.
Just looking for opinions on the event.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Hey Vampyre,

Is it worth it??...based on your comment, and my personal feeling for my experiences at the Hoot...no...it isn't worth the $18 bucks to do the rides. They are self-guided, which means they hand you a map and leave you to yourself. The only good deal out of it is they do have a lunch stop planned out...and usually the food is pretty good. But, there are other shops to eat at or you can pick something up at a gas stop.

As for the Hoot itself, get a day pass when you get there and do your rides. I found that I could go through the vendors areas and do a test ride in one day.

Don't get me wrong, there are a few perks to getting the package deal, such as the closing party, but I personally didn't find it very useful and came up with my own rides based on their maps and my personal experience in the area. I used to have the maps from my Hoot rides on my website, but they must have gotten removed when I updated my site. I think I have a copy of my old site on my computer at home. Drop me an email at [email protected] and I will take a look and send you the maps.

Joe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts