Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can keep my '02 Spirit 1100 parked between my minivan and my car without a problem. plenty of room for all three. depends how big your garage is I guess.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Same problem here except with a 3 car garage. I have 2 Camaros, 1 Sabre, 1 Honda ATV, and a 2006 Chevy 2500HD 4 door cab with 8 foot bed. I can get them all in but it is a tight fit. My garage is 32' wide and 24' deep.

·
Registered
628 Posts
garage

I backed her against the wall with the front wheel pointed to the garage door.
I pulled my SUV in as close as possible and it works. I placed a large cone near the foot break and inserted a circluar stick that tells me "to go no further" when I pull in to the garage.

Jim

·
Registered
622 Posts
AngryHatter said:
Cars in the garage?
Are you insane?
:lol:
Same here. 2-1/2 car garage. My Shadow and Jacks Wing. No cars allowed...mostly other peoples stuff.

Bruce

·
Registered
114 Posts
No problem I have my 1974 CB750 in front of my wifes car ( I put a I beam on the floor as a curb) and the nomad up on a jack in front of mine. No problems
Norm

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would hang a tennis ball from the celling with some sting so when the front windshield touches the ball you have pulled in as far as you need to go.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Excellent Question, and aptly timed !
Considering I just tore down my antiquated 12x20 garage and am breaking ground next week on a 30x36, I plan to spend several days deciding how much space is allocated to each vehicle. If I have thought it out correctly, if I pull my Explorer almost to the front wall of the garage, it will give me plenty of room to pull the bike in. We'll see.....

·
Registered
10,170 Posts
m-skinny said:
I would hang a tennis ball from the celling with some sting so when the front windshield touches the ball you have pulled in as far as you need to go.
I have that set up!

I also have an arrow mounted on my visor so that I know if I'm lined up left to right enough to leave room to walk/maneuver items. I have the arrow meet the tennis ball....

·
Registered
281 Posts
Wow. car in the garage...never thought of that. :D My garage is all woodworking machines other than the center of the shop where I keep my bike and bike trailer. All of my equipment is on rollers so I can move it out of the way.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Yes, cars go in the garage. They start a lot better in sub freezing weather. Its also warmer on my bum when I go to work ;) About the only time her truck is left outside in the winter is if they predict snow and I pull the tractor in so that I dont have to wait for it to warm up to plow.

I have about 13X28 on my side and 13X25 on the wifes. I have a F150 ex cab short bed, the wife has a F150 XLT 4 door (Penn DOT limo) short bed.

The table saw is at the front of her side along with the bench I built her for her scroll saw, The front of mine has a large metal bench that I try to work on before it accumulates a little of everything on the flat spots.

We get both trucks in with the bikes in the middle. In the summer I back my truck in deep and I can get the Aero out behind it. Her CB350 will slide through a crack in the door so geting it in and out isnt a problem.

·
Registered
227 Posts
In my small and narrow one car garage I ususally put the Shadow on a motorcycle lift so I can wheel it around. The Camaro goes in after that. Wife's stuff goes back into the house.

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,222 Posts
I do that AND the beam, too. The ball just doesn't seem to slow my wife down some days. :D

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
why would anyone put a car in the garage :shock:
The salt drippings will eat up the concrete floor and the above freezing temp in my garage will encourage the salt buildup under my cars to eat them up alive:shock:
My cars stay outside all winter. My Bike, Snowblower and Generator are in the garage and there is enough room to pull in one car for repairs/modifications or whatever.
Spoiling your car is like spoiling your children - it'll come back to haunt you :wink:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here is what we do with a 20/20 garage. Cycle in front of suv, using tennis ball to know when to stop. Full size conversion van just fits in with room to walk in front, if you are not too big. In the summer we switch sides. Van on opposite side and bike infront of suv on other side. It works, Unfortunately not enough room for a second bike, there fore no second bike. good luck

1 - 20 of 29 Posts