Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, stupid question maybe, but: is there a way to tell without tearing the carbs apart if I have a jet kit installed?

The bike came with V&H Straight Shots and a K&N filter, but I can't remember if the PO mentioned a jet kit or not...no contact with him now, so can't ask him.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, that's kind of what I though but wanted to be sure. Onward!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So is number 5 in the first picture the A/F screw? If yes, then it looks like the cap is still in place on both my carbs. (Yeah...I see that my throttle cable nut is loose...now fixed!) I suppose that means that either nobody's been in the carbs, or they could have been but just didn't finish the job by adjusting the a/f screw.

Hard to tell about the screw-heads and such, but they sure look mostly un-molested to my untrained eye.

So, still no real clues without tearing the carbs open, I guess. Ugh...I really don't want to remove those things...don't really have the patience for it, especially since it's mostly just curiosity! :roll:

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks all. Main reason I'm asking is that I'm just curious. :)

Secondary reason is because of decel popping; there are a thousand threads about that and they all revolve around either jets or the "air bypass" thingamajig. I popped those out and cleaned them (they were pristine) and that didn't help, so now I'm curious about the jets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.