Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Honda dealer quoted me the $301.55, mounted, balanced, and installed (spoke wheels), front and rear , Metzeler 880s, '03 Shadow 750.

Front: 120/80-17
Rear: 170/80-15

Is this a fair price????

·
Registered
871 Posts
My Sabre.....
rear tire installed 195.00
front is not installed yet but waiting at the dealer. cost of tire is 129.00
so I would say you are gettting a real good deal!!

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
The tires from my favorite online tire shop (www.swmototires.com) will cost ~$140...add new tubes...$15 or so...then installation...around $150...

Yeah, that is a decent deal.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I agree. That's a good deal.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have looked into getting some for my bike...I can tell you a set of those is near $200 dealer cost for us...so I would say it's a good deal!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I was recently quoted $375.00 for the work you described by a dealer in my area. Would have been less if I just dropped off the wheels. Yep, you're doing good at that price.

saint

·
Registered
76 Posts
Saint said:
I was recently quoted $375.00 for the work you described by a dealer in my area. Would have been less if I just dropped off the wheels. Yep, you're doing good at that price.

saint
I had a set of Metz 880's bought, balanced, and mounted in the 375 ballpark last summer on my 1100. The rear was the wider 200 series though. I believe $300 would be a good deal.
BTW, my original back dunlop only lasted 6k.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
That is a very good deal. Make sure you keep the airpressure up if you want them to last. Go to the Metzler site and follow their recommendations and not your Honda manual.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
JohnS said:
My Honda dealer quoted me the $301.55, mounted, balanced, and installed (spoke wheels), front and rear , Metzeler 880s, '03 Shadow 750.

Front: 120/80-17
Rear: 170/80-15

Is this a fair price????
John, Where in NJ is this dealer? I'll be needing new tires on my ride come spring and am leaning towards that particular tire.

Also...where in NJ are ya? We've got quite a few here now and should think about getting together for a ride once the weather turns permanently (for the season :lol: ) nice.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Circles said:
That is a very good deal. Make sure you keep the air pressure up if you want them to last. Go to the Metzler site and follow their recommendations and not your Honda manual.
Circles,
I have a 2003 1100 Sabre and only have the ME880 on the rear right now. My dealer has ordered the front to match and I will have it put on the first time the weather is nice enough to let me get over there.

I am on dial up and went to the Metzler home page looking for tire pressure information. Well, I got tired of waiting for the page to load so can you post here what the pressure for the tires to fit the Sabre will be in this thread.

rear= 170/80 15
front=120/90 18

Oh, BTW, my rear stock dunlop only got 5995 miles. The front stock Dunlop is still on and as of yesterday at 10,300 miles it still looks pretty good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the quick responses every body. In regard to Labswines question, the dealer is ACE Honda in Bridgeton, NJ.

I am located in Woodstown, NJ, down near the Delaware Memorial Bridge. 8)

·
Registered
871 Posts
Circles said:
http://www.us.metzelermoto.com/tyres/fitment_chart/fitment.action?manifacturerID=123&modelID=00-05+++VT1100+C2+Shadow+Sabre&confirm=true&IMAGE1.x=59&IMAGE1.y=11

36 front
38 rear
Thank ya sir!! I'll write this in my service records.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts