Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
That is about a grand or so high! I bought my 1998 750 off eBay 15 months ago. It only had 5400 miles, windshield, windshield triple bag, chrome air deflectors, hard bags, floorboards, Corbin Solo Seat, passenger back rest, and stock seat. I paid less than $4000.

Keep looking!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Kyndred said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=016&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=260074972610&rd=1&rd=1

Ran across this bike on ebay and curious if this was a good price for this bike.. Has 7500 miles on it 750 ace for 4200.00

totally agree with ZMAN
NADA SAYS $2700 AVE RETAIL

way too much for a bike in the middle of winter in Delaware

I bought a perfect 2001 last may for $3700 with 3,000 miles on it

keep looking

·
Registered
188 Posts
Price is really up to the beholder. I look at the bike and see what i'm getting mechanical wise and then calculate the cost of the accessories I might want. The accessories are a big deal to me on a used bike, I might spend a little more to get the bike with the winshield, bags, etc, but I promise you won't spend as much as the guy that bought them.

This bike doesn't seem to have anything on it. KBB prices the bike at 3200. I sold a 2001 Honda with 55K on it about two years ago for 3K. I would stick below or around the 3500 mark on a 750 ACE taking into account the accessories of course.

--BB

·
Registered
119 Posts
There is a way to offer a lower price on buy it now listings that don't sell (and I suspect this one won't).

·
Registered
310 Posts
No

No, NO, No, NO!!!!! This is WAY, WAY too much for a '99. What's the book value... $3000? 2004's are selling for less here in AZ. You are buying a 10 year old bike. Forget the mileage. Keep it for a year or 2 and see what it is worth... zilch!
Example:....different bike but it still applies. We just looked at a 2004 Kawasaki 800 Classic, 1300 miles, windshield, bags, sissy bar.. perfect for $3600. We passed because my wife didn't like the color. We will get EXACTLY what we want, with the accessories we want, for the price we want to pay. It is easier than you think. (I bought my FULLY loaded 2004 Kawasaki 1600 for $5500.) Middleweight bikes are plentiful and cheap. Buy the latest model, lowest mileage bike you can. You will get your $$ back after 2-3 years.
2004 models are coming on the market very cheap now. The original loans are paid down to a level that they can dump the bikes. 2000-2004 all selling for about the same $$. Why buy a 2000 (or '99) for a 2004 price?

Pass on this one..

Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
628 Posts
I agree with the others... Too high. It's a '98, and the seller says the tires are "are still in great shape ". That leads me to believe they're original. That means they are 9 years old, and will probably need replacing regardless of the amount of tread left.

I paid $4300 for my 01 ACE three years ago, and it had a windshield, backrest, crash bars, and floorboards on it.

Keep looking. :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
shroomh-----

Good example shroom---, a 2001 three years ago equals a 2004 today. He should be able to get a fully accessorized 2004 for <$4000.

Enjoy the ride!

·
Super Moderator
6,504 Posts
Another thing to consider is this bike is not the deluxe model.
The engine is not chrome; instead it's brushes aluminum. No fork covers; black kickstand and black foot controls instead of chrome.

I can't remember all but there are some other parts not chromed on this model. I'd say it's way overpriced........unless you really want it. It all depends on what the buyer is willing to pay!
Phil

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Kyndred - I just bought a 2001 Areo 1100 ( 14 K ) that was on another forum for $4000 ( I thought that was fair ).

But - while looking I came across a guy in Vancouver with a low mile 98 -750 Ace ( Bags and Shield ) - Purple and gray that he says in is in Great shape.

He was looking for $4000 Canadian OBO. So if you can get him down to 36 or 3700 that works out to about $3200 US.

Drop me a pm if interested and I will forward you his email.

Doggie

·
Registered
190 Posts
Seems high to me also. I bought my '02 750 Spirit this past Sep for $3,500. The original owner put 600 miles on it, and a friend of mine was the second owner and it had 1600 on it when I bought it from him. Always garaged, perfect condition, runs great. Now have about 3800 on it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Oops, false advertising ... I added the Mustang seat, passenger and driver floorboards, another $1,000.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'll have to agree also with zman. I bought my 98 ace 2 years ago for 4000.00 canadian with chrome goodies , saddle bags and memphis windshield. No regrets at all but would wait for a better deal. I guarantee there's one out there.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I know its been said but that is way to high! I bought a 1999 ace 750 in 2002 with 2100 miles new pipes and bags for 3150. I know that was a while back BUT the bike was a heck of alot newer...Just my thoughts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Other considerations might be; is the bike within pick-up range as opposed to the cost of shipping. That, along with just instantly digging on my bike's particular look and style, sold me. But just now looking at ebay is a '01 Spirit, 750 cc with 12,000 mi for $3000 in 2 hours, no bidders, and the seller will pay for shipping, so maybe the bike your looking at, not knowing your particulars, still might be a little high. Watching ebay, it looks like 1100cc bikes hold their value a little better than 750's if re-sale is a consideration. Also, the older the bike, sometimes the cheaper and more plentiful the accessories, especially if your willing to buy used.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Last Owner

Another thought on purchasing an older bike. Very few shops will work on anything 10 years or older. Do you want to be the last owner of this bike? When you buy a '98 or older and keep it for a couple of years it's value is zip. It is much more difficult to sell a 10-12 year old bike than you think unless the price is very low. Today (2007) I would not touch anything older than 2003. 2000-2004's all sell for about the same price.

Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got my 02 Spirit 750 for 3000 it was pretty much completely stock. I should have offered less, he would've probably taken 2700 or even 2500. I'd never buy a bike or car from eBay. The best plan is to show up in person with a huge pile of green flash it in their face and say "take it or leave it". When I bought my bike the guy wanted 3500 for it but when I pulled out thirty 100 dollar bills his eyes lit up and he said he'd take it.

Keep looking.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Gene Frenkle said:
I got my 02 Spirit 750 for 3000 it was pretty much completely stock. I should have offered less, he would've probably taken 2700 or even 2500. I'd never buy a bike or car from eBay. The best plan is to show up in person with a huge pile of green flash it in their face and say "take it or leave it". When I bought my bike the guy wanted 3500 for it but when I pulled out thirty 100 dollar bills his eyes lit up and he said he'd take it.

Keep looking.
Likewise, I saw an ad on craigslist for an '01 ace 750 completely stock with throw over saddle bags, battery tender, and cover. Went over and flashed $2300 in cash and it was a done deal. You can definitely find cheaper.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts