Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone that has ISO grips please post photos of them on your bike? I would like to see how they are positioned for best comfort.
Have you ever had them in a poor position? What was that and what did you not like about it.
I want to mount mine but I have read about some who did not position them very well and they didn't like where their fingers landed on the grip.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
17,972 Posts
Personal preference, I`m sure...
Chickenman mounted his to be aligned with each other...
The rubber in line with the floor...
This V4 is mine now :D

·
Premium Member
8,865 Posts
It might be better to just dry mount them and get a feel for them in different positions while seated.. It's definitely going to be a personal preference thing, so pictures of other people's grips might not help as much as you think..

I initially had mine so the rubber pads were facing forward, but when I remounted new isogrips I put a little thought into it and had the rubber pads press directly into the contact position with my palm when seated.. For me that was the most comfortable position..

Don't use the included glue unless you want to wreck the grips and the throttle-tube trying to take them off.. Use hairspray ;)

·
Registered
17,972 Posts
Most I see are level with the ground...
Rubber facing front & rear...
I rode with them mounted like that, it`s OK...
Cannot post pics though...

·
Premium Member
8,865 Posts
I was kind of hoping to see that most people end up mounting them pretty close to the same position.

If you expand the picture of my Aero in my sig-file, you can see my positioning of the grips are at an angle.. The spongiest part of the rubber pads press directly into my palms where the most pressure is exerted on the bar.. It's a weird angle.. Made to fit me ;)

·
Registered
815 Posts
For me, I just held the uninstalled ISO grip next to to installed grip and turned the uninstalled ISO grip in my hand until i found a position that felt good and mounted them both in that matching position. Click on my signature picture.

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
9,452 Posts
For me, I just held the uninstalled ISO grip next to to installed grip and turned the uninstalled ISO grip in my hand until i found a position that felt good and mounted them both in that matching position. Click on my signature picture.
+1.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Can anyone that has ISO grips please post photos of them on your bike? I would like to see how they are positioned for best comfort.
Have you ever had them in a poor position? What was that and what did you not like about it.
I want to mount mine but I have read about some who did not position them very well and they didn't like where their fingers landed on the grip.

As someone mentioned to dry fit first and get the position most comfortable for you, these are really comfortable grips, I have used them for several years, I would also recommend
using the throttle boss, large one as this works great on rides...........

·
Premium Member
8,865 Posts
^^^.. Yeah.. No Kiddin'... I have that same model on my Aero.. Really nice ..just rest your palm on the grip.. Great for Long Rides!

·
Premium Member
4,593 Posts
this is how I mounted mine and I'm happy with them. :)

·
Registered
17,972 Posts
I had the chance to ride a Goldwing yesterday, it had these type grips mounted with the rubber up and down...
I didn`t like the feel of this position at all...
The Magna has them front and back, it feels better, but I don`t care for these grips myself...

That 1800 Wing is fast!

I could be forced to become comfortable with one ;)

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
9,452 Posts
As someone mentioned to dry fit first and get the position most comfortable for you, these are really comfortable grips, I have used them for several years, I would also recommend
using the throttle boss, large one as this works great on rides...........
Well if anybody needs a wide TB PM me. I found it not as comfortable as the standard TB. The wide only fits as shown unlike the standard TB.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I know I am the exception to the rule but the best location for my ISO grips was off the bike. I found the rubber nibs were always in the wrong location no mater what I tried. Gave up and went to some nice leather wrapped grips and will never go back to ISO's

1 - 14 of 14 Posts