Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can’t find information on how to get one of these rear fender racks for my 2013 Phantom. I found one thread on here where the poster listed it as a Hondaline rear rack. Can anyone point me in the right direction for getting one of these please.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
16,207 Posts
Lots of generic ones on ebay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lots of generic ones on ebay.

Those do not fit my bike. But, thank you anyway. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
2007 VT750DC Spirit “chopper”
1,129 Posts
Go to your local Honda Powersports dealer and ask to see the accessory parts book for a Phantom 750, or order it online. Page 112 starts what you want to see - 2020 Honda Motorcycle Accessories Catalog_v2

The 2020 catalog says Honda OEM part number 08L42-MFE-100A

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is the one I've been looking for, but definitely not the price I'm looking for. Day-um!

View attachment 294102

Turns out that the OEM rack has been discontinued years ago. A Honda parts guy did a North America search of dealer inventory and nobody had one in stock. I ended up finding one used - the owner was removing the fender to make his phantom a bobber and I got lucky by being in the right place at the right time.

·
Registered
2007 VT750DC Spirit “chopper”
1,129 Posts
Turns out that the OEM rack has been discontinued years ago. A Honda parts guy did a North America search of dealer inventory and nobody had one in stock. I ended up finding one used - the owner was removing the fender to make his phantom a bobber and I got lucky by being in the right place at the right time.
If you make friends with the right parts manager they can do a worldwide search not just North America, or at least when I had access to the system it was a possibility. Used to buy NOS Civic and Integra accessory parts and re-sell them for quite the profit.

·
Registered
2011 Phantom
12 Posts
I ended up finding one used - the owner was removing the fender to make his phantom a bobber and I got lucky by being in the right place at the right time.
Congrats! It's been a minor slog looking around for one - if anyone comes across one send them my way! For that catalog price I could cut, bend, and TIG the damn thing myself!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts