Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100. I have read a few of the posts on here and done everything that I can find to troubleshoot my fan issue. I ensured the radiator was filled with coolant, and also grounded out the fan to check fan operation. Which it worked, so i determined the fan was good and the that the Fan Control switched was the problem.

Main Question is: The book says that you have to take off the radiator in order to change this part out? That sounds like a big project, has anyone found an easier way to accomplish this? And is there anything else I should check, before taking the radiator off?

First post, and Thanks in advance your all the advice.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
I was able to do it on my Sabre w/o disassembling anything. Loosened it w/ a wrench, then twisted it out w/ my thumb and forefinger. Worse case, remove the lower mounting bolt and pull it forward enough to get in there.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
The switch on my bike is screwed into the bottom of the radiator. Easy take out and replace. Well easy to take out, after you replace it you have to go through filling it up again. I had trouble finding on but took it to my local Checkers parts people and they found one from a car I could use. It had two terminals so I had to make a jumper wire to ground the extra terminal. Works fine now, wish I had made a note of what part number or what car it was for. I think it was an early civic but not sure.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I think I can get in there, but, I didn't know if that would be a good idea or not. I found the part on bikebandit.com, but it has not arrived yet. How often do you change the coolant, I probably need to do that anyway.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
You should be able to get the switch out with the radiaor in place. Just loosen the mounting bolts if you need more room. Leave the hoses hooked up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts