Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I installed a new set of Kury grips this weekend, but ran into a small little problem. When I was trying to reconnect the two throttle cables into the harnesses, I accidently snapped off one of the little tabs that helps hold cable into place. Unfortunately I can't describe it very well, folks who have done this probably know what I'm talking about. The cable seems to hold ok without the tab, since the cable sits in another little hole on the grip. I'm wondering if anybody has done this and can recommend a way to reinforce it or if it will work just fine as is. I'd rather not buy a whole new set of grips for this gaff.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I know the tab your talking about. I broke the one off of my stock cable holder thingy on the grip while removing the cable to put my kurys on. Unfortunatly, I dont have an answer as far as is it ok. Like you said, It does seem to hold the end in place as it is. But it would always be on my mind as far as "I wonder if its ok"?

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Nachoman said:
Well I installed a new set of Kury grips this weekend, but ran into a small little problem. When I was trying to reconnect the two throttle cables into the harnesses, I accidently snapped off one of the little tabs that helps hold cable into place. Unfortunately I can't describe it very well, folks who have done this probably know what I'm talking about. The cable seems to hold ok without the tab, since the cable sits in another little hole on the grip. I'm wondering if anybody has done this and can recommend a way to reinforce it or if it will work just fine as is. I'd rather not buy a whole new set of grips for this gaff.
Go here and check out there Micro Fish for your ride to get the part #....then you can go to the dealer and get/order one
http://www.ronayers.com/index.cfm

·
Registered
91 Posts
You may be able to replace the tube only. They are not too expensive at most parts shops. Just take the grip to your local MC supply shop and they should be able to fit you one. Getting the old grip off is another story but can be done easier if the grips are not solid metal.

Stan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies all, unfortunately the tube is attached to the grip, I bought the Kury grip that has the integrated tube already attached. So to replace it I would need to buy a new grip. I'm probably going to slather it with adhesive to help hold it in place and just check it periodically to see if it's getting loose. Hopefully I won't be writing back in a couple months bemoaning how my throttle cable snapped off.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I was wondering why you took the cable off to replace the grip. Was their a reason you bought the grips with the tube instead of just replacing the grips you had leaving the tube in place?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Circles said:
I was wondering why you took the cable off to replace the grip. Was their a reason you bought the grips with the tube instead of just replacing the grips you had leaving the tube in place?
I had a minor accident a couple months ago where that grip took the brunt of the impact. It shattered the stock tube so I decided to replace the whole assembly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts