Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, running late for work this morning. Climb on my 1100 and see I got 65 miles on this tank...ok, I got about 40 before I start getting close. Takes 44 to get to work. So, I leave. I get to the most in-opportune time to run out of gas, and the bike starts to hiccup. At 94 miles! Then I remembered, I rode with my wife, had larger jets and was running it hard this weekend... So, I barely limp it to a little town with 1 gas station. I role in a see tree limps and leaves everywhere. We had a storm last night and it knocked power out. no gas. Nearest station 10 miles away has power, the worker thinks. I know I can't make it..... I call the wife....she's mad. very mad. She leaves with my truck and gas can (mind you, I'm 25ish miles from home). Anyway, after sitting there for 10 minutes, a truck pulls him and the guy compliments me on my bike. I tell him it's nice, but doesn't work without gas. He tells me he has some in the bed of his truck I can have, enough to get to the next station. I fill up, offer him some cash, which he turns down. I get to the next station, gas up, call my boss and say I'm taking vacation today, and I head home......

BUT...

On my way home, a GD bee flies up the cuff of my coat and stings me twice on the forearm before I can do anything about it. Shoulda stayed in bed this morning! :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
That sucks but it was nice of the guy to give you some gas. I haven't had a bad day in a while & hope one doesn't come along anytime soon.lol Hope tomorrow is better for ya.

·
Registered
847 Posts
hope you remembered to call your wife and tell her you got some gas before she made that 25 mile trip

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
I hope you're not saying a little bee ruined your day. If so then turn in your riding gear and sell the bike.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, just saying it was just another crappy thing that happened before 9 AM.

yes, I called her and told her to turn around.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I ran out of gas about years ago. I too had to call my wife and have her bring me gas. She was not happy. That was enough of a reason to try real hard not to run out of gas again.

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
I ran out of gas once on a ride with my wife. We parked the bikes and I took her bike and went and got some gas and came back.

I never ran out of gas again. What a pain.

Bee stings ???? Not fun. Especially on a bike when it gets trapped inside your clothing.
My advice is not to waste your money and buy a lottery ticket. :)

Hope there are better days ahead for you.

Chris

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I think alot of us are guilty when it comes to pushing the fuel limits. Most are lucky enough to make it to their next destination and we never here about the unfortunate ones that don't.
I personally never take the chance. I have fuel at my shop so I always top off.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The accountant here at work always teases me that I don't plan ahead very well.... BUT, if the **** power wasn't out, I'd be ok. haha.

Hey Scheel, you should have stopped by the station in Junction City yesterday and saw me sitting there. I ended up filling up in Blinker...never heard of it, but it's now my favorite little town!

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Gotta ask 94 miles and out of gas???? Why didn't you just switch to reserve????

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
94 because I had those larger 170 jets in, was riding alot of two up and was hammering the throttle hard because i was trying to figure out if the 165 or 170 jets were the way to go. Plus I had put my new pilots in and think I had them adjused to rich.

I did switch to reserve to get me to the station, but it was about 10 miles from the next one, and I didn't think I had enough reserve to get me there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts