Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1995 VT1100C2
4,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sgt. Pepper taught the band ..... No actually

I have now had my VT1100C2 (my new bike !!!) for 20 years.
It was a poster bike in 1995 and has had some changes but still looks and runs as new. Poster photo and today's photo attached

G.

PS It is not my only bike so has just 72k km (about 44k miles)

Attachments

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Awesome! Congrats on the milestone!

·
Premium Member
8,857 Posts
Nice! :)

·
Banned
5,100 Posts
Sgt. Pepper taught the band ..... No actually

I have now had my VT1100C2 (my new bike !!!) for 20 years.
It was a poster bike in 1995 and has had some changes but still looks and runs as new. Poster photo and today's photo attached

G.
that's pretty amazing actually.

Congrats!

·
Premium Member
4,593 Posts
still looks Great !! :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
The bike is as nice as it was new according to the pictures. I have no problem riding older bikes. I just parted with a 79 and an 84. I still have my 68. I like old stuff. You obviously know that proper maintenance will keep a machine in good working order. Unfortunately people aren't as lucky. These guys aren't doing as well.

·
Registered
17,943 Posts
20 years, WOW!!!
We got old stuff!
Looking at the polebarn I see the oldest, a 1936 Buccaneer 12 HP (Sears) outboard motor followed by 1949 & 50 8N tractors, with the 65 & 66 Sportsters, 66 Ranchero had a tag put on today to make it legal on the road too...
1972 F100 pickup and a 97 E 350 ends the Fords lineup...
Then the Shadow it`s a 98 :D

Yeah Old stuff is better`n NEW!!!!

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Mine is a year newer than yours, but I've only had it a year. Congrats on the long ownership, it gives me hope for the years to come. I do have a question though. I see you have V&H Classic II pipes. Did you rejet and with what kit (if you remember)?. Reason I am asking is because I just installed the same pipes and the plan is to reject with the DynoJet kit for the ACE.

·
Registered
1995 VT1100C2
4,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
...I do have a question though. I see your have V&H Classic II pipes. Did you rejet and with what kit (if you remember)?. Reason I am asking is because I just installed the same pipes and the plan is to reject with the DynoJet kit for the ACE.
I have ridden a long time and was surprised by the lack of zip in the 95 VT1100C2. Honda suggested V&H Classic II and a Dynojet Stage 1 carb kit. I was concerned about engine longevity and being too loud but just wanted a bit more zip. The carb kit and V&H were installed in 1996 along with a National windshield and lightbar, moved the rear turn signals back to taillight to accommodate larger bags and put on floor boards.

The V&H and the Dynojet/stock filter gave just enough zip that I was happy without too much noise and have performed well for the 20 years. There is no corrosion on the V&H pipes. I understand there are a lot of less expensive options for carb kits but I have not tried them. Oddly, I still have all my stock pieces greased and stored including the original exhaust, jets and pegs.

Secrets: Follow the maintenance schedule. DIY if possible; otherwise find a reputable mechanic. Use proper tools. Have no accidents. Clean with the mildest cleaners possible, usually car soap.

G.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts