Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My insurance ran out on my bike in early October. I built my bike condo and parked Ghost in her bed. But now it's the 18th of November and the weather is worming up! Like in the title, BUT... About a week from my insurance running out, I took a quick run into Armstrong to hit the store, grab some beers and trip back. But on the way to Armstrong, I'm fly'n down the highway at a 110 KMPH 68 MPH and My back end starts shifting from side to side! I know this feeling.. I backed off the throttle and basically coasted into town. I hit the gas station to check the back tire, and it wasn't totally flat.. I checked it inch by inch. No nail, no splits nothing. so i aired it up and made my way back home on the back road. The tire has not gone completely fat at all since. Odd don't you think?

So here I am... Weather warming.... which is really odd. Can't ride the bike... BUT!! I did fine a GREAT! Price on tires for next year!! Pirelli MT 66 for $250.00 for the set! Tax and all included. Free shipping as well...

Always look at the positive and not the negative... I guess that is the way you have to look at it. I can't wait for Spring.:neutral:

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Could be a rim leak or tire valve or valve stem leak. Either way the bike is in storage now and you have a nice set of MT 66's to be installed for the new riding season next year. :D

·
Premium Member
8,872 Posts
^^^ ...I was going to say.. Might be the valve or stem.. Had a valve stem fail on my cage tire one time.. The effects are remarkably similar.. Flat tire :(

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
That's a nice shed! My "Annie" would be a bit jealous if she knew. She has to share space with two lawn mowers and a snow blower.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Well, if you'd said it was on your way back, I'd suspect someone let the air out while you were in the store getting beer. Yeah, that's happened before (not the getting beer part...).

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
I've seen tires leak only when they are putting weight on the pin hole. Could be that when it was turning it would squirt a little air out each revolution. In storage, it could be that it is not sitting on the leaky area hence not going flat.

Edit: I'm on my mobile device right now and don't see signatures, so I can't remember if you have spoked wheels or mag wheels, but if yours are spoked, that means your tires are tubed and that could shoot my idea out of the water. Maybe not though.

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Thanks all! I'll tighten the valve and see what happens.
One easy way to check if it's a leaky valve is to apply your spit on the valve opening. Escaping air will bubble a bit and break the spit seal. ;)

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Simple... I didn't even think about that. Thanks!
If it's not that, I bet you just forgot to remove the summer air and replace with winter air.

·
Premium Member
4,593 Posts
and thats a great looking shed old man "real nice" :)

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
How did you make out OMS? Nice shed by the way. I like the way you combined woods and the angles you set them to.
I haven't got to the issue at hand. Been really busy at work. Hope to get to it this weekend. The shed! It was nothing but fun to build. It was, actually a build in progress. In all honesty.. I didn't have a real plane! I started with one angle and then another. Whether it was a 30 or 45 or 50 degree angle let's say. The sides are 45 degree. The front is 30 degree, and the back is horizontal. The doors are at a 45 degree, as opposed to the pitch of the rafters at a 30 degree.. I call it.... My Work Of Art... From responses, I think mine is one of a kind.. And I really like that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts