Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't wait to get back on the road but up here in CT it's still so cold and I just don't have the gear for it. Besides a couple of rides around the block and area I've done nothing but am itching. In the meantime I did a general tune up and added some risers to the drag bars, so much better riding style. I'm good, I'm ready, I wanna ride. Also picked up a helmet and got a leather from the hunny, 10 degrees warmer and I'm out there.

Attachments

· Registered
65 Posts
I hear you man... There's still too much snow melt out there for my taste up here in Boston. This week's rain will do wonders for removing the salt off the roads though! Soon...

· Registered
82 Posts
Sorry to hear about your weather. I decided to ride again last year after not riding for 10 years. Bought a Magna to just get back into it weather was crazy here, well in Nov, decided I wanted something bigger, Bought the Shadow 1100, thinking it would be awhile before i could really ride it. Been a mild winter here this year, and got allot more riding in than I thought I would.I live in a valley and we get snow sometimes, last year twiice, which is rare, None this year. I am thinking net year I am screwed. As long as it isn't raining or snowing I try to ride.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Weather still hasn't cooperated, I actually went away for vacation and hopefully by the time I get back in a week better weather will follow me.

Your lucky you were able to ride so much, I'm jealous

· Registered
503 Posts
i know exactly how you guys feel.
on my last ride (3 days ago) i ran the tank out of fuel, i got home on fumes.
i didnt have the cash to fill it back up again, so i'm dying waiting to fill the tank back up so i can go riding again.

money came in today, so ill be filling it up and heading downtown tonight most likely.

yes i know, im a bad person.
im sorry guys.
at least when you finally can go ride you get rolling hills and twisty turns to ride over.

· Registered
155 Posts
Picking up my bike on Thursday from Andersen Cycle Works in Framingham, MA. Supposed to rain for a few days but the weather is slowly getting better. I don't want to jynx us or anything but I think the snow has passed us at this point.

· Registered
65 Posts
You may be in great shape for Thursday...Friday is supposed to be a higher temp but rain possible, at least that was the last time I checked! I work near the Framingham/Natick line and have yet to find Andersen - I've heard really good things about them though...

I had a change to get some saddle time on Sunday and it was awesome! Bummer of it was, I was basically riding up and down 4 exits on Route 2 trying desperately to dial in my new windshield. I think I have it to the point where it was comfortable enough when traffic forces me to ride quick. If I ever get home early, I'll try for another ride this week. Gotta get the practice in to shake off the cobwebs for 128 commutes!

· Registered
33 Posts
Thursday is starting to look like a great day for a ride. Last week the forecast said that there was an 80% chance of rain with 63 degrees, now it's down to 40%. Ordered my new pipes yesterday too so they might even be in in time for tomorrow, I heard J&P Cycles has really fast shipping.

· Registered
154 Posts
I don't want to rub it in but I kinda have to because I live in Canada ;) but I have put on 2000km in March alone!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.