Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Up here in the cold month we have to find something to do other that cuddle our sled dogs in our iggloos, so I have been puttering around with the bike.

I have added the following
Comagination Headlight modulator ( in conjunction with Cobra Light bar )
Here is a pic of the Photocell censor.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I replaced the stock "meep meep" with a new Fiamm Highway Blaster ( Low Note ) for now.....I painted the back portion black to match the plastic front..
Quite a difference from stock. Not ear drum bleeding, but a 100% improvement

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I added the new Kiryakn Iso pegs ( with Stir-up ) Thanks to a fellow member member here

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As well I replaced the rear reflectors on my ace with Reflector LEDS.
( Oh yeh, and I added 2 little lights to the bottom of the license plate.

I wired them so the angled LEDs and the license plate lights are on a running lights, and the other 2 activate when the brake is pushed.

No lights on

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brakes applied

What do you all think??????

And yes I know the val tags say 1997...it has been a while since I have had a bike.....I am soooo looking forward to this summer.

Thanks
O

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice mods. Putting the light sensor for the headlight modulator in front of the bars can cause probs. if you're not careful. Headlights from oncoming vehicles can activate the modulator. That's not something you want to happen at night. I zip tied mine to a cable behind the front forks. Works great in the daylight and turns off about the time I start needing the headlights. :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
vbm said:
Nice mods. Putting the light sensor for the headlight modulator in front of the bars can cause probs. if you're not careful. Headlights from oncoming vehicles can activate the modulator. That's not something you want to happen at night. I zip tied mine to a cable behind the front forks. Works great in the daylight and turns off about the time I start needing the headlights. :)

See that is why I Posted that.....I never even thought about the on coming headlights.....Thanks so much for the tip....
I may re-locate now, but I am going to try it first....
Cheers
O

·
Registered
448 Posts
opipe said:

I wired them so the angled LEDs and the license plate lights are on a running lights, and the other 2 activate when the brake is pushed.

No lights on
O,

Can you send me a link to where you got those lights you replace the reflectors with?

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
opipe said:
vbm said:

See that is why I Posted that.....I never even thought about the on coming headlights.....Thanks so much for the tip....
I may re-locate now, but I am going to try it first....
Cheers
O
I mounted mine on my handlebars and wrapped it around the clutch cable.

Looks like you're having fun...and that's what counts.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hunter58 said:
opipe said:

No lights on
O,

Can you send me a link to where you got those lights you replace the reflectors with?

Thanks,
Steve
I got the lights at a place up here in Canada called Princess Auto.
I don't believe they are in the US, but I could be wrong.
However, I was at a Bass Pro Shop on the weekend, and I saw basically the identical lights there, and I know you guys have those stores down there.....I found them in the trailer section....I think they where about $8-10 bucks....goodluck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts