Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I learned that Chopper Scott's area got CREAMED by some nasty storms. :( Hope you all get things back to normal ASAP.....

I learned that my boss quit!!!! :shock: She's going to work for a company under our parent conglomerate. She'll be doing the same management stuff she's doing now for the same type of department. She did tell me that if I ever got sick of what I was doing now, I could jump ship and work for her doing the same stuff I'm doing now. I'm VERY comfortable/happy with what I'm doing now, so I'll stay put now. I will keep her offer under my hat for the future though.....

I learned that I got some discount tickets to the International Motorcycle Show from a member of the GoldWing forum. What a great guy! :D I'm very excited about going to the show. I hope they have some GoldWings for me to check out......

I learned MetalGuy has been deployed. :( Wishing you well......

I learned that the spamming on HSN has gotten pretty bad. I must have sent in 15 or so alerts yesterday...... :(

I learned that I probably won't be able to go to Cats-Cade this year. :( Co-worker's wedding is June 2nd.....

What have YOU learned this week?

·
Registered
321 Posts
* I've learned that 95% of my inbox is spam alarts for HSN. and 94% of those are handled before I can get to them - GREAT job Phil and Spiritman!
* I've learned the only time I can find to get on the forum is when I get off work in the wee hours of the night. (sitting here in my uniform - unwinding)
* After 2 weeks of heavy snow (4+ feet) I now truely HATE snow...I have dug out more patrol cars and motoring public cars from being stuck this past 2 weeks then I have had in my previous 38 years of life! (took me 3 hours to go the last three blocks to my home with my patrol car - two weeks ago )
* I am dreaming of SPRING! and Motor School!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I learned that I'm dropping my bike off later today to get some stuff done.

I learned that driving 2 hours each way to work gets really old (and expensive) quick.

I guess I also just learned that MetalGuy has been deployed. Be safe over there. I just got back myself.

I learned that my eyelids are heavy and I still have to drive back home in 2 hours. :(

·
Registered
241 Posts
I learned that there can be justice for the little guy. Long story which I probably can't legally go into here, but it does restore my faith in people. :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I learned what giving 100% in life is....

This is a strictly mathematical viewpoint..It goes like this:

What makes 100%? What does it mean to give more than 100%?
We have all been to those meetings where someone wants you to give over 100%.
How about achieving 103%? What makes up 100% in life?

Here's a little mathematical formula that might help you answer these questions:

IF: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

IS REPRESENTED AS:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26

THEN

H-A-R-D-W-O-R-K
8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 = 98%

AND

K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E
11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 = 96%

BUT,

A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E
1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5 = 100%

AND,

B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T
2+21+12+12+19+8+9+20 = 103%

AND, LOOK HOW FAR ASS KISSING WILL TAKE YOU!

A-S-S-K-I-S-S-I-N-G
1+19+19+11+9+19+19+9+14+7 = 118%

So, one can conclude with mathematical certainty that while
hard work and knowledge will get you close, and attitude
will get you there, It's bullshit and asskissing that will put you over the top.

I just had to sneak this in here.... :wink:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I learned this week ...how much harder an employee on mine can really work..... now that he knows that there is competition for his position.

I learned this week..... that my paycheck got smaller because of a company buy-out, and when the new company says nothing will change that usually means get ready for the biggest changes yet!!

I learned this week that I really don't like painting the bathroom.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
I learned that I'm good with going through life using bullshit rather than ass kissing. 103% is good enough. :wink: :lol:

I learned that it's very very warm here, rainy but warm. Looks like I'll be able to take the bike to the bike show on Sunday. If I buy a helmet I'll have to figure out how to take it home, no helmet lock.

I learned that our families are very excited of my up and coming wedding in May. Where did the time go?????

I learned that I'm very happy with my painting for my wedding invites, not too shabby for someone who hasn't painting in years. *pats self on back* :D

I learned that Bob is going to Iraq. Come back home safe!!!

·
Registered
234 Posts
I learned not to sell you motorcycle jacket before ordering a new one because you will get it by unexpected 48 degree days in January in Milwaukee. Who would have thought?

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I've learned....

that its January and I am still riding! Gotta love it!!!

that I'll be seeing Willie and some other members at the bike show Sunday. I hope we can get some deals.

that I'll be looking into making rally pins for the next rally. Please post your comments in that section.

I may not have all that I want, but I have all that I need.

Happy Friday everyone!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ive learnt that after 6 weeks of not sleeping, Lor tabs are a good thing. :shock:

I will be having rotator cuff surgery in 2 weeks and will be laided up for 6 - 8 weeks. On the good side should be ready to ride come spring.

Another one of our members is headed to war. My thoughts will be with him and his family.

One thing we can count on in life is change. Change is GOOD, YOU go First

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Excellent insight with the formula for success!! :lol:

Based on Oddbald's math there are A LOT of people "over the top" in life because:

S-T-U-P-I-D-I-T-Y = 19+20+21+16+9+4+9+20+25=143%

·
Registered
234 Posts
VLXRookie said:
I learned not to sell you motorcycle jacket before ordering a new one because you will get it by unexpected 48 degree days in January in Milwaukee. Who would have thought?
Holy Crap, I can't understand my own post :shock:

·
Registered
249 Posts
I've learned that I will have to suffer with 100-103%,for 118% has never,been in my history,nor will it ever be.
I learned that Lisa and Willie are planning on having Fun this weekend,
I hope they are successful.
I learned that even though it rained all day long Here,that tommorrow,
it IS clearing up and will be almost 60 deg.
I learned that since it will be nice tommorrow,i will forgo finnishing the installation,of new bike items,till later this weekend. For it is Yes, ANOTHER Ride day.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
wife still with child!!!
i loooooove my job
my daughters knowledge is exploding she was 2yrs old on new years day
that living within reach of family is a very very verry good thing

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I learnt my beloved Dragoon is not a write off.

I learnt that I will only have to go to Europe once this year, leaving lots of time for riding.

I learnt not to trust my dealership with ANYTHING, large or small.

I learnt that my bike business will get started and become an immediate sponsor of this amazing forum.

I learnt that I am healing well.

I learnt that finally the PGR are getting some national press for all the good they do.

In order to learn this all, I had to forget a whole lot, but cant remember what it was I forgot.
:oops: :oops:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts