Honda Shadow Forums banner

It's Friday! What have you learned this week?

4K views 23 replies 23 participants last post by  White Knight 
#1 ·
I learned that I waited a bit too long to go to the doc again. My left ear is infected so much that I am almost completely deaf out of it, Bronchitis making it feel like I have a creature from the Aliens movie in my chest, a voice that sounds like a frog croaking... Oh well, no pneumonia this time. Another course of anti-biotic. Yay..... I never had problems like this with colds for thirty-three years! I'm really disappointed at my body's immune system crapping out......

I learned who my new boss will be (current boss quit). People are telling me to beware as the new boss may not be trustworthy. Great.....

I learned that wifey is looking at going back to work part-time. She says that she's going nuts not interacting with adults as much. I don't really have a problem with that. Now I can do all those 'bad' things with my little man that wifey hasn't been letting (giving cookies, running crazy through the house, teaching him 'bad' words, etc.). :twisted:

I learned that wifey and I are very excited to be going to the International Motorcycle Show in Manhattan next week! This will only be 2nd time that we go anywhere without the baby in 17 1/2 months. We hope that her brother does a good job babysitting. We both have our doubts about that.......

I learned that Lily from the Munster's passed away. RIP Yvonne De Carlo....

What have YOU learned this week?

See less See more
#2 ·
I learned that there's no substiture for riding. No activity or indulgence can match the pure joy and exhilaration of riding a motorcycle (except maybe sex) :wink:

I learned that our pet rabbit has cancer :(

I learned that our new health plan at work sux. :x

I learned that I am the only man that the female physical therapists where I go for work on my shoulders, actually trust being alone with. :D

Radar

#3 ·
Half price at the bar and weeknights are not a good thing for me to mix. I defnitely won't be doing Wednesdays on a regular basis...

I learned 20 minutes before an organizational meeting for TAing my lab section that I was being offered a part time job doing computer work for a bioengineering company which would pay me half again as much as teaching, and my friend was offered a job doing it too. I'm trying to decide which job to keep (or to do both).

#4 ·
I learn a lot this week, unfortunately it hasn't been all good.

I learn my nephew is being shipped out to Iraq soon. He joined the navy
2 years ago and learn that he will be on the ground fighting. This just stinks!

I learn that my favorite Brother in law who is my best Buddie had cancer
removed from his back and the doctors didn't get all the cancer the first
go around and he will being having more surgery. What a bummer.

I learn that I should stop worrying about my aches and pains and help
those who really need the help. Prayer always works for me.

In the forum this week I learn from a lot of you tips on improving my
riding and overcoming some of my riding fears. Thanks to all of you.

Last I learn that the weather is going to be decent for me to ride this
weekend and I hope to take pics and share them with you. :) bc1

#5 ·
I learned that Feb 5th My Marine son goes over to IRAQ !
I worry so much , But at the same time I have never been more
Proud of him !
I pray they all return safely !

Jack

#6 ·
I've learned that spending hours, days and even weeks out in the shop fabricating, is the single best therapy for me. I will be looking to doing more mods on bikes in the future. Sometimes a simple solution is the best and chrome don't get you home. I can see what ChopperScott get's out of it. >PD<

#7 ·
I continue to recover from some minor injuries incurred from my dirt riding spill.

I’m going to a motorcycle show in Washington D.C. today.

My acting career moves forward:

This weekend, I’m answering a casting call for a HBO series The Biograpy of John Adams. They’re looking for guys with long hair like yours truly, Vintage Bordeaux.

The indie film that I’m involved with, Coincidence, is up and running again. Casting for available roles will take place shortly and the plan is to start shooting in the spring.

I start school on Tuesday. I’m taking some graduate education classes at Virginia State University. I’m considering working towards a Master’s Degree in Education with an emphasis in Special Education.

I’ve applied to be a substitute teacher in the local public school system.

I started tutoring some Korean exchange students.

I’m going to see a Beatles tribute band on Sunday Nite.

Life is good.

#8 ·
I've learned....

that I will find out next week (the 17th) if Sierra is ok.

that riding to the Toronto bike show was cold, but FUN!

that Radar has a pet rabbit that is sick. I hope he makes it. My rabbit passed away in 2001 :(

that the Crazy Canucks patches were a big hit LOL :D

that there are some class acts on this forum! It takes a special person to admit they could have handled things better!!

that NH Bigfoot is no longer with us :(

I may not have all that I want, but I have all that I need!
Happy Friday everyone!

#9 ·
learned

I'm getting old.........I'm realizing it bothers me more and more when I hear about sick friends / relatives and parents sending their children, (and nephews) off to Iraq.
Here's a wish for health, and a speedy safe return for those serving. And a thank you to those serving as well! :wink:

#11 ·
I got my fingers crossed for Sierra! Pos vibes and such headed your way Lisa.

I learned that I am officially a Crazy Canuck. I knew it all along but now I have a patch to prove it. :wink:

I learned that winter is on its way. -15C next week. Oh well, we knew it was coming. I just hope we got some snow with that cold. I want to go boarding!!

I learned yet again that my fiance is a very talented chef. Good thing I work out regularily though. lol!

#12 ·
I learnt that some folks are very passionate about minor topics.
http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=420071#420071

I learnt that my accident is being handled as no-conclusion instead of a hit and run

I learnt the NHBigfoot is riding upstairs: RIP

I learnt that the folks on this forum are a rare breed: EG Sanoke’s post and some of the PM's I received this week.

I learned I will spend next week up north in the cold parts of the country just as they go into deep freeze.

I was reminded that my stealership is incompetent.

#13 ·
I learned that when you make a decision not to bring your extra cold weather gear.........

the winds will pick up and drop 10 degrees, and the rain will get shoved in your face like tiny needles and it will be a long ride home.

I also learned that life aint so bad sometimes

and that there is now a 90% chance I will be moving back to st. louis.......yeahhhhhh meeeeeeee

#15 ·
I've learned that Hondashadow.net is a warm and fuzzy place. :roll:

I've learned that the biker known here as NH Bigfoot died recently. RIP.

I've learned that one of the members here of whom I was sure I would not like at all turns out to be one that I actually admire. Chin up Chris.

I've learned that Trueseeker has the most profound statement in his signature that exists in this entire forum......and it's not a famous quote.

#16 ·
I have learned that my teeth are the bane of my existence. This is not an entirely new truth to me but it was hammered home in spectacular fashion at the beginning of the week when one of my front crowns snapped clean off. This is the second one I have lost in 12 months and frankly I am heartily sick (to the back teeth, as it happens) of my teeth. Three visits to the dentist later and I can at least smile again without looking even more like the village idiot than usual.

I last rode my bike a week ago. In the intervening days we have had gale force winds and torrential rain with flood warnings out in parts of the county. Being the chickenshit that I am, I left the bike in the garage. The weekend isn't shaping up any better, and next week I set off to Birmingham for a week so no biking there either.

On the plus side, I am not dead yet. :D

Collector

#17 ·
Collector said:
I have learned that my teeth are the bane of my existence. This is not an entirely new truth to me but it was hammered home in spectacular fashion at the beginning of the week when one of my front crowns snapped clean off. This is the second one I have lost in 12 months and frankly I am heartily sick (to the back teeth, as it happens) of my teeth. Three visits to the dentist later and I can at least smile again without looking even more like the village idiot than usual.

I last rode my bike a week ago. In the intervening days we have had gale force winds and torrential rain with flood warnings out in parts of the county. Being the chickenshit that I am, I left the bike in the garage. The weekend isn't shaping up any better, and next week I set off to Birmingham for a week so no biking there either.

On the plus side, I am not dead yet. :D

Collector
I know where your coming from, the more dental work a have done ,the more dental work that fails, and of course their's no warranty. Once they start with large fillings and crowns, it's all over with 10 yrs. later.

#18 ·
Coolride said:
I know where your coming from, the more dental work a have done ,the more dental work that fails, and of course their's no warranty. Once they start with large fillings and crowns, it's all over with 10 yrs. later.
Yeah. And what gets up my nose is that he (the dentist) keeps trying to 'save' my teeth. Hell, I wish he would just pull those suckers out and give me a set of plastic dentures. But then I wouldn't have to keep filling his money bin, would I? Cynical, moi? :wink:

Collector

#19 ·
I've learned:

The Song That Never Ends
(source: "LambChop's Playalong")

This is the song that never ends,
It just goes on and on my friends,
Some people started singing it not knowing what it was
And they’ll continue singing it forever just because,
This is the song that never ends....

(repeat, and repeat, and repeat...)

I've learned tenacity is like an evil weapon in the wrong hands.

I've learned that when you patch up a difference with someone, the occasional ****roach comes out to stir up the pot again and send you PMs.

(sigh)

I did take today off as I was feeling just a tad under the weather. It turned out to be a nice day, so I went up and filled up the tank on the scooter, added some Stabil and put it in the storage garage for the winter. That's the first time I've ever 'officially' winterized a bike. An odd experience :)

#20 ·
Cynical??? Vous, baby, vous! :twisted:

The plastic teeth will keep his coffers from being filled (of course, once you've filled them for his plastic 'work')....think he wants that???

He'd much rather work on whatcha got left to 'save them' (not that that's a horrible idea, necessarily!!!), than give ya a set of plastic look-alikes that don't continue to require drilling/filling/capping 'care'...I've NEVER been down this road, so I can't REALLY type from experience or anything...just an odd question...can you ask him if he can fix the hole in my jaw from the last jawrbones that 'helped me out'?

All comes down to the road you want to take it down! Up to you, ma man, and respects either way! 8)

#21 ·
I found out that part of the hardware they put in my ankle gets removed in a week.
I found out my daughter-inlaw found a lump in her breast and the drs aren't sure what it is yet. Prayers needed. Tests next week.
I found out that a lot of people have it worse than I do.

Life is good.

billp

#23 ·
1.I learned that no matter how hard, or much, I work it will never be enough.

2.I learned that it's never good as you think, and that it's not as bad as you think.

3.I taught myself that life requires effort--it's not just going to happen.

4. And I learned that if I did half of what I said I would I would be 50% ahead of where I am now.

#24 ·
wife is still pregnant. woot 35 weeks as of tomorrow.

6 days a week with a wife on bedrest sucks.

2 year olds are amazingly good at suprizing. mine had her birthday celebration 2 weeks late due to wife being in hospital and wife no nap today she was very well behaved.

missing nhbigfoot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.