Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I learned that Nate found us on the 'other' forum!!!!

I learned that wifey may opt out of going to the Motorcycle Show today. The baby is a tad under the weather. Nothing very terrible, but momma's gotta worry....

I learned that winter has finally arrived in the NorthEast. Brrrrrrr It's chilly out!

I learned how inept other departments in my company are with technology..... :roll: 20 minutes explaining how to unzip a file.....

I learned that my hearing came back just yesterday morning. I was almost completely deaf in my left ear for a week (bad ear infection)! Maybe I should go to the doc a bit quicker..... :roll:

I learned that the baby can now open and close the doors in the house. :shock: We have french handled doorknobs so that makes it a bit easier for him. We're gonna have to start locking the interior doors now..... :roll:

What have YOU learned this week?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I learned that I don't like winter. It is snowing right now. Now I have to do winter activities, like shoveling. :evil:

I learned that Shadownorth[Chris] booked my riding course at the end of March.

Have a great weekend.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I've learned....

getting sick with this Norwalk type virus is no fun. I feel sorry for anyone else that gets this virus, that seems to spreading everywhere. :(
virus

my daughter results seem to be ok. I just need to go in for a routine follow-up.

I had to start a new forum this week. I've never done something like that before and I think I'm doing pretty good and learning things as I go.

that Willie's cat isn't doing well!! hang in there Molson!!

Happy Friday everyone!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've learned that its hard to bury your dog when they are only three years old :cry:

I've learned that my wife and I can make it through hard times and that its ok to cry.

I've learned that I can fix my speedometer drive gear with super glue and left over plastic from model cars.

I've learned that I am tired of the rain and cloudy weather....I need some sunshine and warmth.

--BB

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
I learned that my daughter was accepted into the gifted program at school, and the paperwork to have that become official is staggering.

I learned that I got something of a promotion at work this week. I wanted more project-related and results-oriented decision making ability and ended up with some level of employee oversight responsibilities. THAT part of it I'm not thrilled with - been there, done that.

I also learned what my year-end bonus number is. :shock:

I (re)learned that sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you. Life goes on.

I learned that the 1/4" of ice on my driveway this morning kept me from riding to work today :(

I learned that my friend's '07 FJR arrived at the dealership and he's flying out to pick it up next weekend ($11,400 out the door!)

I learned that D&H cycles has amazing prices and are great to deal with.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Well here's a real downer of a post but I feel better when I vent so here I go:

I learned that my 15 year old best bud & kitty cat Molson has a bad kidney. There is no cure, only treatment to prolong his life but I'm afraid that it's not going to be that much longer. I'm crying my eyes out as I type this (thankfully I'm alone at work today!) and I feel so helpless. He keeps showing me that he's sick so I can make him all better but I can't this time and I feel like I failed him. I know that's ridiculous but I can't help the guilt even though there's nothing I can do. I'm not ready to say goodbye yet, I don't know if i ever will but I have no choice. I want him to be comfortable and so far so good. The vet tells me to be positive but I have a gut feeling and my gut has never been wrong. This will be the hardest thing I will ever have to do. This totally sucks!!

On a happier note, because there's always a silver lining even if it's veerrryyy small, I have been asked to be a mod on a new Canadian biker forum.

I also learned that we're having power outages here at work so I'm learning to save as I go just in case the power goes away again.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I learned that Las Vegas can get just as cold (in fact, colder) than my hometown in the dead of winter. Its frikkin freezing here!!! :(

I learned that correct tire pressure not only improves gas mileage, it transforms handling - she's like a whole new bike (or course, this is probably something I need to pay more attention to in my weekly bike inspections :oops: )

I learned that my R1100 GS holds about 5.8 gal of gas. My previous estimate was 5.5 gal. :)

I learned that my mother-in-law starts chemo on Tuesday. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

I learned that my five-month-old daughter is either teething or just hates sleep - she's not had a decent night of it in two weeks :cry:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I learned that my Mother will die sometime today. It is no surprise, but it still makes me sad.

I will still drive to Kansas City today for my daughter’s wedding tomorrow. Nothing I can do for my Mother now. My sister is with my Mother, so she will not be alone when she dies.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I learned that no matter how tough things seem to be, there is always someone else who needs your prayers. On a brighter note, I learned that my Bro. and I are doing a Cal. Coast ride at the end of the month. (oh there will be pics.)

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
My son's redeployment to Iraq in September has been changed and he will be leaving late Feb. or early March. His wife is pregnant and he will not be home for the birth of his second child.

Somehow, the responsibility of moving my Mom from here in New Mexico back to Mississippi has become mine. At least I know all of the bases will be covered prior to the actual move.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
williewonka said:
Well here's a real downer of a post but I feel better when I vent so here I go:

I learned that my 15 year old best bud & kitty cat Molson has a bad kidney. There is no cure, only treatment to prolong his life but I'm afraid that it's not going to be that much longer. I'm crying my eyes out as I type this (thankfully I'm alone at work today!) and I feel so helpless. He keeps showing me that he's sick so I can make him all better but I can't this time and I feel like I failed him. I know that's ridiculous but I can't help the guilt even though there's nothing I can do. I'm not ready to say goodbye yet, I don't know if i ever will but I have no choice. I want him to be comfortable and so far so good. The vet tells me to be positive but I have a gut feeling and my gut has never been wrong. This will be the hardest thing I will ever have to do. This totally sucks!!

On a happier note, because there's always a silver lining even if it's veerrryyy small, I have been asked to be a mod on a new Canadian biker forum.

I also learned that we're having power outages here at work so I'm learning to save as I go just in case the power goes away again.
willie, sorry to hear about your cat. I've had to have my 2 euthanized 1.5 years ago (feline leukemia). I had to do it before (cats and dogs)and thought it would get easier, instead it seems to get harder everytime.
All you can do is be there when it's time to go. They certainly are family members all the way, they just happen to have fur and 4 legs. That's one of the disadvantages of loving somebody with a much shorter lifespan than ours but it is well worth it.
Wishing you strength
Sas

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've learned that:

1) My College has reserved parking spaces for bikes and I will use them. (did it today!) Lots of happy miles . :D

2) Taking 4 classes in a Masters is harder than I thought... good bye weekends... :cry:

3) More I ride, more I like it....

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I learnt, or reaffirmed, that my dealership is incompetent.

I learnt that there are so many folks on this forum that are having hard times and I wish them all well.

I learnt that, having spent this week in Milwaukee with a daily temp of 6 degrees, that 54 degrees is quite comfy in shorts.

I learnt that the police found evidence to support my claim of being hit by a driver and that made me feel real good. Insurance is now in my favor and the police report will look better on my record then the original.

I learnt that I have a great wife. She had a really hard time with my decision to get back on the bike and never showed it. She showed all the support a guy could ask for and she is scared, but happy that I will ride again.

To those who are having bad times, I have you in my heart and best wishes. I will be hoping for you all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts