Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I learned that Azwan is a papa! :D

I learned that with the wind chill, it's going to feel like -10 degrees F today. Brrrrrr.

I learned that the baby knows all about Elmo! Funny thing is, he doesn't usually watch Sesame Street. We don't know how he learned about Elmo, but we love it. :shock:

I learned that shipping and receiving from Netflix has sped up quite a bit lately. What used to take a few days turn around time is now down to their advertised next day delivery. Yay! "A.I: Artificial Intelligence" & "Saw 3" were great movies!

I learned that my new boss is going to have to learn things the hard way. She's thinking that processes will be different for her somehow, but these other departments must be laughing at her requests..... :roll:

I learned that Motorola HT820 Bluetooth Wireless Headphones will NOT work right with my cell phone. These things should allow you to listen to music on your cell phone and then be able to make/receive calls with the cell phone. My cell phone is just not compatible even though it has Bluetooth. All I was able to do was make/receive calls. I was not able to listen to music at all. I'm thankful that Best Buy has a good return policy. They were pretty pricey......

What have YOU learned this week?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Loud is not always better.
Leaving things the way they are is sometimes better.
Life is very very short, be thankful for each day you can arise and prosper.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have learned that catching up with family you haven't seen in awhile can be good for the soul.

That Lisa has had some good news in regard to her family, and if she is happy, I'm happy. :D

That Willie has had a tough week :( . More good Karma heading her way.

That today being Australia Day, I am very greatfull to live in such a wonderfull Country (sorry for beating the patriotic drum) :)

·
Registered
336 Posts
I learned that the boy that my daughter has a crush on asked someone else to the Valentine's dance. My daughter was very upset. :(

I learned that my Mustang seat has shipped and hopefully will arrive today. Even if it doesn't, my daughter and I will take a ride tomorrow so that she can use her new helmet. Supposed to get up to 60. Yea!

I relearned, as I do every week, that my wife is the most wonderful person in the world. I definately married up! :D

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I've learned ....

that its great to hear that your daughter is a healthy and happy 9 month old.

that I will have a harder time with my older daughter starting school in the fall than she probably will.

that I miss riding :( it's been weeks since I have been on the bike and I don't like it.

that my new riding pants weren't very good so I got new one's that I like a lot more.

that this is going to be a very busy year for my family.

that Molson is doing better and Willie is too.

that some members need good thoughts and vibes.

Happy Friday everyone!

Lisa

·
Super Moderator
6,504 Posts
I learned 50mg of Topamax twice a day does the strangest things to my brain waves-------~~~~----~~~~~~-----~~~~~

Also learned the difference in how AC/DC sounds on old LP records compared to todays digital media.
In the same week, that I bought a vintage record player to play my old vinyl records; my wife (Donna) bought a brand new 80 GB iPod.

If you haven't taken out those old 45's and 33's that have been sitting in the back of your closet collecting dust, do it.....even though they're noisy, you'll be in for a nice treat!
(uh....did I just show my age?)
Phil

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
friday

I too have reconnected with the joys of vinyl...set up my dad's old Technics in my son's room last year and he is now a lover of all things Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Zep, Beatles, Bob Dylan, Clapton, and Frank Sinatra. (At my insistance!).
A by-product of this is that I've learned to stay connected with my 14 yr old son through music...we have some great talks about music and life while listening to songs.

I hate not riding....the snow and ice on the ground is like a :p in my face each time I look out the window.

I also learned that it is very helpful to pick one night every few months to come home early from work (I work 2nd shift), spend time with the kids, and go to bed at a normal time with the wife. Amazing what 10 hrs of sleep does for one's body and mind.

And as always...I appreciate having another day above ground.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
I learned that my kitty Molson might be OK but no concrete diagnosis yet. $600 later and still no answers. :( Sucks but at least he seems better than he was on Monday.

I learned that the people on this forum are a very caring bunch. Thanks to everyone for their kind words of support and prayers for Molson & I.

I learned that Ron is patriotic (don't apologize, I love being a Canadian!) and that Lisa is going to have a tough time letting her daughter go to school this year. I'm sure all moms go through that.

I learned that we're getting more free stuff for our wedding. :D I also just realized that it's 4 months away, to the date today. :shock: Where did the time go????

·
Registered
170 Posts
My ex is getting married. :(

The headlight switch on my car is screwed.

I work better under pressure than I do when there's no rush.

The above is only good for short bursts at a time.

Black Sabbath is playing here with Megadeth in March. :)

·
Registered
949 Posts
Squeezing an 8 week ISP and DMZ IP scheme changeover into 12 hours DOES NOT WORK.

I need proper riding gear, I am tired of Cold hands, despite new gloves, 2 shirts, a windbreaker, and 2 pairs of pants.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I learned that chasing dollar signs is not always a good reason quit. Glad my old boss let me come back to work on Monday!!

If you get the smallest excuse to hop on your bike and ride take it! The ride to the pharmacy was great last night!

I learned my Chihuahua is a better mouser than any cat I've ever had.

My one year old learned to wriggle his nose. :lol:

I learned that swapping saddlebags is sometimes better than selling. Thanks TxLawman!

I learned that my bike having funny lookin turn signals garners lots more questions than I thought it would. Very fun!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I learned that there actually are decent people on ebay....I won 7"out foward controls on monday, i got them in the mail on thursday. (click here for ebay auction)

I learned why my handlebars were not square to the trees, and I fixed them, w/o any cost.

I learned my home board is back up and running (after a two week "upgrade" downtime)

check with me next week, when i'll learn how big of a pain it is to pull and reinstall in the exhaust on my bike, so i can install the forwards.

I might even have learned what it'll take to build hard bags out of a stock rear fender.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Watching the weather on TV, it's going down to zero last night, the weatherman says "keep your loved one warm tonight". You DON'T turn to the wife and say "Honey, I'll be in the garage tonight with the Shadow". :lol:

·
Registered
225 Posts
williewonka said:
I learned that we're getting more free stuff for our wedding. :D I also just realized that it's 4 months away, to the date today. :shock: Where did the time go????
wait till you're married for three years, you'll really wonder about the actual length of time.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I learned that listening to your Physical therapist and doing what they say is a good thing!
I learned that I will have more range of motion in my ankle than they thought I would.
I learned that contacting old friends from the past is great.
I relearned that the people here are good people. Thanks Spirit 1100.
billp

·
Registered
137 Posts
I learned that it was way to cold outside today to work (this was after I spent 8 hours working on a fence)
I learned that common sense does not come with age (saw an old man rear end a trolly while talking on his cell phone and trying to light a cigarette)
I learned that no matter how horrible of a day I've had I can hop on here' read a few posts and its like clockwork, someone always says something that cracks me up.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I learned that my father in law is terminal. :cry:

I learned that my hip may not heal as well as expected from the accident in December. :x

I learnt that , after my speaking tour of Europe in the fall and Asia this month, I am now unemployed. :cry:

And williewonka, if you think time has gone by quick now, wait until you realize you have been married 10 years, congrads in advance, my sincere best to both of you. :D

I already knew the folks on this forum were the best.
:!: :!:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I learned that its easier than I thought to find a replacement anti-siphoning valve for the one on my irrigation system that broke during the big NV/AZ/CA freeze the other week. Now I just have to replace it! :lol:

Unfortunately, I also learned that most of my shrubberies are probably dead already! :cry:

I learned that one of the screws that held on my bike's license tag fell off on my way home yesterday! As lame as it sounds, I didn't want to risk the other one falling off too (thus causing me to lose my tag), so I (shock) left the bike in the garage and took the jeep instead (its lame, I know!) :oops:

I learned that my mother-in-law's feeling good after week 1 of chemo. It won't last, for sure, but at least she's not suffering...yet. :)

I learned that my five-month-old daughter's getting over her night-time fussiness. Still getting up at least twice, but gets back to sleep after about 30 minutes. :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
I learned:

Riding in the highway at night with heavy rain is scary :shock: ! (and rain hurts!)

Having lunch at Mc Donald's twice in the same week sucks! :?

Gas at $2.11, 66F and sunny weather means... I'll ride a lot this weekend! 8) :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts