Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I learned that Molson is in heaven. RIP furry guy...... :cry:

I learned that MetalGuy is in a large sandbox/litterbox. Stay safe brother.....

I learned that woot.com had a woot-off this week. Not anything that I wanted...... :roll:

I learned that I can watch the baby and write SQL code at the same time! :shock: I'm VERY impressed with myself for that! 8)

I learned that my new boss is VERY honest, almost to a fault! She seems like she wants to please everyone though, so not too much pushing back on requests.......

I learned that wifey found a P/T job. She wanted a little something to get out of the house and interact with adults (not teeny-bopper high school/college kids). Most places that she went to would only hire F/T or wanted to maker her a supervisor of teeny-boppers. She thinks that she found what she's looking for......

What have YOU learned this week?

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
I learned I can start riding again this Tuesday. Yeee Haaawww

I learned that when ordering specialized Med's to hold the hand of the pharmacist.

I just learned Molson is gone. ( Very sorry to hear this news ).

I learned how to modify my pipes and give them a little more sound. I may just do this.

I learned that the Presidential election season is upon us already. :(

After watching the weather channel I learned that spending the winter in Florida was a smart decision.

Chris

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
I (re)learned that using that green fix-a-flat goop on tires just makes for more mess later. Blech.

I learned that the Lee Parks class in Frederick, MD is offering discounts to members of the FJR forum. I'm still looking at getting that done for this group.

And on more personal notes...

I learned that there's a point where you can only throw so much money and time at a problem before you have to re-evaluate, and make the hard choices.

And... I learned that watching my kids learn some pretty tough things about life can be a little upsetting.

R.I.P. Pepe.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
I learned that Chornbe had to learn the same hard lesson I did this week. My condolences to you. Pepe is a cutie!

I learned that it's going to be very hard getting over this but I know it'll get easier. Molson was my constant companion, my little shadow. It sure feels empty without him.

I learned that there is a LOT of supportive people on this forum. Thanks for the kind words & support.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Something I learned 5 years ago on a Friday.

Pets always leave you,
Pets always leave you better for the experience.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Pongsitony Bill did NOT see his shadow this morning (forgot where he parked it?) no, the other shadow, so it looks like an early spring! Yee haw!! >PD<

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I've learned....

a friend hurting over the loss of a pet sucks! especially when there isn't much you can say or do. RIP Molson.

that trying to make a change to something you don't really know how too can make for a big mess, a loss of membership and data :oops: luckily its all good now LOL.

that some people spend a lot of time checking up on others. Usually thats a good thing, but I don't think so in this case.

that I had a great week with my family, friends and my riding group! Looking forward to a great weekend. I'm having a get-together and I'm not sure I'll fit everyone who's coming in my small place, but it'll be fun trying :lol:

Happy Friday everyone!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've learned that you should proofread what you write before you submit a post. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

joepool said:
Lisa said:
I'm not sure I'll fit everyone who's coming in my small place, but it'll be fun trying :lol:
:shock:

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Poor Lisa.....so sweet, so innocent and so unassuming.

Ms. Lisa, maybe now is a good time to go back and re-edit your post to include something else you learned this week ? That when it comes to men, look no further then the gutter to find our minds. :)

Chris

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Christopher said:
Poor Lisa.....so sweet, so innocent and so unassuming.

Ms. Lisa, maybe now is a good time to go back and re-edit your post to include something else you learned this week ? That when it comes to men, look no further then the gutter to find our minds. :)

Chris
sweet, innocent and unassuming ...do you know another Lisa? that doesn't sound like me at al LOL!!! :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
139 Posts
I learned not to stand too close to the tire changing machine while removing a tire that's been filled with green slime (fix-a-flat). Thanks Chornbe!

I learned that having a friend with a tire changing machine can save you LOTS of money. Thanks again, Chornbe. (And Keith.)

I learned that BikeBandit.com has GREAT prices on tires, and great service too.

On a personal note, I learned that I need to be more careful in checking my calendar (and my wife's calendar) before making plans. :oops:

·
Registered
949 Posts
Lisa said:
I'm having a get-together and I'm not sure I'll fit everyone who's coming in my small place, but it'll be fun trying :lol:
um...I'll let that one go...too easy! :oops:

I learned that When the network admin says 8 weeks to upgrade a few VPNs at a time...he means 8 weeks. But when the owner say 12 hours is all you get to do them all at once... it turns into a 9 day nightmare :shock:

I need to find a way to stop the owner here from watching Star Trek. His expectations of engineers is getting way out of whack!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I learnt that some of my friends on here have lost pets this week.......I know how they feel. A while back I lost a dog that had been a part of our family for almost 14 years. They can get very close to your heart.

I learnt that my wife, a school teacher, has really enjoyed 3 "snow days" this week! She quilted for over 8 hours today! It's almost finished! She's so talented and creative. Truly an amazing woman! :D

·
Registered
11,115 Posts
mark v said:
I learned every day there is a post like this over and over and over every day!
Those of us from the Department of Redundancy Department like that aspect of this forum.

BTW....here in PA we learned that Mr. Punxatawney Phil predicts an early spring!!!!!!!!!!!!! Groundhog Day......a strange link to Mark V's observation of the same things happening over and over and over again!!???

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I learned that there's NO place like home...I'm back from Torrance, CA, back into my wife's arms which makes us BOTH very happy.

I learned that the 'red-eye' flight sucks...especially with an obstreperous 3 year old who won't settle down, and when someone blows chunks on a plane, you ALL know it and it only makes the 3 year old worse :roll:

I'm just now getting back to normal from the long day Wednesday and the flight back from CA.

I learned that Punx-a-Phil predicted an early spring...WHOO HOO :mrgreen:

Other than that...nothing of real 'life' consequence.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts