Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I learned that Linksys warranty replacement service is inept. After 5 weeks of waiting I finally received the replacement. It was the WRONG replacement! WTF?!?!?!

I learned that a fellow in my company's "Quality" department has been totally screwing up the reporting servers. Nobody knows why, but this guy has started running/scheduling 5 HUGE report requests simultaneously throughout the day. He's totally overloading and clogging the server for real work. We are supposed to have a meeting with him today to see what's up........

I learned that it is brutally cold here!!!! It took a long while for winter to arrive, but now I want it to leave!!!!

I learned about 2 motorcycle shows in my area. There's a show in March in Brentwood (Arlen and Corey Ness are scheduled to appear) and a show in May in Riverhead. Can't wait!!!!

I learned that Nate is having his medical issues taken care of.

RIP P-Dub....

What have YOU learned this week?

·
Registered
26 Posts
:p I have learned not to listen to the weather person .
they are almost always off on their forcasts .The best way to get the weather correctly is stick your head out the door.LOL I have lerned that no matter how bad I feel there are those who are in much worse shape. JM 750 :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
I learned that getting a flat on the way to work at 2:30am IS NOT FUN. I learned that HRC membership is WORTH IT. Had a tow truck there in 30 minutes. I learned that I wish I didn't have tubes in my tires. I learned that Town and Country Motorsports in Chandler Arizona IS THE BEST !!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I learned how to operate a 1.7 million dollar aircraft cargo loader that has a capacity of 60,000 lbs! (definitely dont want to wreck her!)
I learned a walking toddler is harder to keep track of than a crawling baby... i think I will tie a bell around his neck. :lol:
and I learned its not easy to give a brother advice on his failing marriage, even when he asks me for it.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I've learned...

that I had another great week.

that my riding club is a great group of people and I enjoy spending time with them.

that the new forum is coming along nicely.

that HS.net rally plans are pretty much set, my room is booked and I can't wait.

that we have more snow and since I can't ride I'm making the best of it.

that the cheap car we bought is turning out to be great. It's older but in better shape than the car we already have.

that my ablility to ride a bike helped me pick up driving a standard car quickly. I had never done that before :oops:

Happy Friday everyone!

*Sending good vibes to everyone dealing with health isues*

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
I learned that I really missed riding and am thankful to be back on the bike again.

I learned that Lisa had a great party and everyone had a great time.

I learned that being in Florida during the winter beats being back in the Mountains of Tennessee ( even though I am homesick ). :)

I learned that this forum has some awesome people on it that supported me while I was laid up.

I learned that the weather is going to be awesome for riding this weekend.

Chris

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Life is simple, and all it's questions can be answered with a yes or no...

the rest is all testicular fortitude, and a desire to get the job done.

·
Registered
101 Posts
rat said:
Life is simple, and all it's questions can be answered with a yes or no...

the rest is all testicular fortitude, and a desire to get the job done.
I like that Rat, do you mind If I quote it?

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Didn't learn much this week except that I sure hope I cheer up soon.

Oh, I did learn that Lisa has been working very hard on the new forum. Great job Lisa!

·
Registered
291 Posts
I learned:

That what I thought was a great friendship must just be a casual acquaintance.
I like this cold weather less and less each day it's here.
I can see a little glimmer of the sun when I leave work!
The UNIX team i'm on might start getting WINDOWS products to support.
I'm way over in going to the dentist.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just got my bike last weekend (my first "real" motorcycle):

I learned this week that:

Tearing apart a bike is easily more fun than putting it back together. But it is all fun and rewarding if you are patient.

Clymer manual is a Godsend (although can be misleading/wrong on minor points).

The previous owner was NOT mechanically inclined (all fasteners were WAY over tightened- especially oil filter-had to spear it with a screwdriver 4 times to get it off).

21 year old fork oil looks and smells like sewage.

The VT500c has way more oomph than I expected...

Air filter on my bike gets dirty from the inside/out

Many parts for these old bikes are available afterall

The people on this forum are welcoming and very helpful

Also learned HOW TO:

Adjust throttle cable, rear brake, front brake, choke, and clutch and remove/lubricate clutch, throttle, choke, speedometer and tach cables. How to replace air filter, engine oil and oil filter, fork oil, final drive oil, and coolant. Remove fuel tank, side covers and air intake. Drain crankcase breather hose (it had A LOT of nasty black fluid in it). Clean fuel shutoff valve and fuel screen.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I learned that you can't believe weather from the computer. I left for work a few nights ago after looking at the weather, 42 deg f. was the forcasted low. Its 70 miles to work, so I like to be somewhat prepared. I took an extra shirt and gloves. Bare in mind, when I left for work, it was in the mid 70's. By 5:00 the following morning it was 31 deg F. I know this may not be cold for some of you up north, but down south, thats cold! I almost froze my hands off. It got so bad that I had to stop about mid way home to get some feeling back into my fingers. Lesson learned, don't trust weather forcasters if you're looking to ride, just go for it and that way you're not disappointed. Come on Spring....

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I learned that I (again) have high blood pressure :(

I need about 300-400 miles on my ride to lower it :lol:

The Dr. didn't find that amusing...even after I told him how cathartic it is to ride with the knees to the breeze...

I also learned that I'm passing another kidney stone and that Percosets are a wonderful thing.

But, in combination, the Perc and Carvedilol can make you quite dizzy...I'm glad my office has a door that I could close for a while, while I laid on the floor behind my desk to recover a bit.

My boss is a grest guy...when I told him what was going on, and that I was headed home...he told me not to mark off a sick day and if I needed Monday too, the same applies.

So some prayers my way would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I LEARNT that my brother had less than 30% survival rate with his necrotic pancrease.I layed my brother to rest on MONDAY, age 54 we are 10 months apart. It was his time to move on. I hope he is in a better place. His last 6 years were not kind to him.

My family was very upset I didn't cancel my surgery on Weds but Ive waited to long to have it done.My doctor was very happy with the rotator cuff surgery repair. I can finanlly rest now and grieve for my loss.

The firehall and ambulance crews sent me a cooked ham and some flowers.They had only met my brother once , as he lived 1400 miles away.I retired from the departments after 26 yrs. Its nice to know they still think of me.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I learned I go for my 50 year old physical next week, and that includes a cetain scope placed somewhere I sit. Ugh.

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
trjam said:
I learned I go for my 50 year old physical next week, and that includes a cetain scope placed somewhere I sit. Ugh.
Conversation between Doctor and Patient during a sigmoidoscope procedure.

" What exactly is it your looking for up there Doc, a parking place ?"

" No I am looking for blood ".

" Well I am not a Doctor but I believe that if you jam that thing further up there, your going to find some ".

:)

Chris

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
T-Daddy said:
I LEARNT that my brother had less than 30% survival rate with his necrotic pancrease.I layed my brother to rest on MONDAY, age 54 we are 10 months apart. It was his time to move on. I hope he is in a better place. His last 6 years were not kind to him.
Very sorry to hear about the passing of your brother.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Chris

1 - 20 of 25 Posts