Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I learned that wifey will be coming to a fork in her life road today. I hope she chooses the correct pill and follows Alice down the rabbit hole.....

I learned that my MS Access skills are truly maturing. I've created some wonderful 'things' this week. Yay me!

I learned that I may be getting a HUGE bonus in my next paycheck. My boss told me an amount, but I am shocked and fear that I may have heard her wrong as it was a HUGE amount. We will see.....

I learned that I can install a kitchen faucet! Simple, simple, but it was my first time installing a faucet......

I learned that MetalGuy is in Iraq and NOT Afghanistan..... :oops: :oops: :oops:

I learned that I received my 3rd broken DVD from Netflix in 2 weeks! UGH! I'll have to wait longer to see The Motorcycle Diaries..... :(

What have YOU learned this week?

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
I learned that XrayR is getting a big bonus. ( Can we predict a new bike in his future ? )

I learned that being retired, you lose track of the days of the week. I had no idea today was Friday until now. :)

I learned that when battling a disease half the battle is accomplished by
" mind over matter ". Staying positive, smiling, laughing and keeping busy keeps your mind off the negative aspects ".

I learned that my new Motorsports Marketing Sponsorship Program is ready for its final edit before going into production in DVD format. ( Finally )

I learned that no matter how old I get, whenever I do something nice for someone I get paid back dividends. It always feels great to make someone else feel great.

I learned that the bikes are parked for a few days because of cold weather down here in FL.

Everyone have a great and safe weekend.

Chris

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I've learned my daughter is growing up too quickly. She was registered for school on Monday.

I've learned after two data mishaps, the new site is hanging in there :oops:

I've learned that some people like to look for a fight, just for the hell of it. :roll:

I've learned that when things don't add up, its usually because something is missing or someone isn't telling the truth. If it smells like poopy, its because it probably is. :lol:

I've learned we might move this year. I really hope we do!

Happy Friday everyone!

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I have learned that Saturday when I go pick up my GL 1800 in San Jose, I will have the opportunity to visit 9 more California counties.
Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, San Mateo, San Francisco, Marin, Sonoma, Napa, Solano, and Yolo.
Most definitely I will pass through them all, but because I will be riding with 3 other's, they may not want to stop for me to photograph each county line. I hope they will.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have learned that my snow blower can only throw snow as high as 8 feet. After that it just slides back into the driveway. I hope I can ride before the 4th of July :lol: .

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
I learned that Lisa said the word poopy. :lol:

I learned that my insomnia is back. Fan-freakin'-tastic. :evil:

I learned that my wedding stuff is going along smoothly except for the fact that NO ONE wants to print my invitations because I only need 50 and not 250. So I will do as much as I can myself and go to Staples or something.

I learned that some people tell so many lies they can't keep them straight. :?

I learned that although my home is still empty without Molson I'm dealing with it as best I can. :(

·
Registered
943 Posts
I lesrned that if you have oral surgery, and a full face helmet, the two dont work together until the swelling goes down............

so dont ride your bike to the dentist

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Kframe said:
I learned that my wife is not 100% against the idea of me getting a new bike.

Yay!
:)
-K
I have found that women can be won over with a dozen roses, a romantic dinner out and a nice massage before bedtime.

How bad do you want a new bike ?........LOL
Complete that task list and you may remove 98 % of her doubt about you getting a new bike. :)

BTW, I charge nothing for my advice but I also will not be responsible if something goes wrong and she still says no or worse yet she beats you with a rolling pin for even trying this approach.

Chris

·
Registered
50 Posts
When getting tags for my bike yesterday, I learned that I'm the 8th owner and that more money has been paid in taxes then I paid for the bike, over $2000 in the last 22 years.
I just don't understand how the state can charge sales tax on a sale between two private owners.

mindfungus

·
Registered
406 Posts
I learned that working with friends is a really bad idea unless everyone is sure that they can pull their own weight.

I learned that a lot of people like to play hockey down here. More than 60 teams showed up to register for intramurals. I also learned that Mexico has a national hockey team and that a guy on my team named JuanCarlos played on it.

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
I learned that programming for the Mac is the cat's ass (yes, that means 'good').

I learned that "... friends always use the back door..." (long story).

I learned that it's really time to re-evaluate my job.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I learned that when a long time friend has been diagnosed with Cancer,and given 2 weeks to live,that it will be a Sure thing.1 day,didn't hardly, even allow the sentence to be finnished. Spend time with your friends and loved ones as Often as possible.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I learned the PSYCHOWard just lost a friend.. I'm so sorry!

I learned that my bike battery is dead and I have no charger...have to do something about that before Sunday.

I learned that I don't have to work Saturday (the first day off I've had in a month)

I've re-learned that getting stressed out over a deadline doesn't make the work get done any faster.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I learned your mood will affect how good or bad something is.

I learned that I will also have to reevaluate my job and what the near future will bring.

I learned that April 24th is the day that I'll bring "Sally" out of storage.

I learned that my wife and I need to have regular conversations. By that I mean not about bills, money, work or our animals.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First, I found this site. Very Good
Second, Learned alot of things people don't like about Honda's even though they love their bikes.
Third, I learned that I still want to own a 1100 Spirit as soon as I can afford to.
Fourth, I hope I will be this year.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I learned that beta-blockers suck...Coreg gave me such bad heart palpitations (never had them before) that I stopped taking it after only 3 days.

I found the natural combination of herbs and vitamins and minerals that worked for me the last time to bring my blood pressure under control, so I went to the store and got some of them, my wife picked up the rest and now I'm taking them. They should start to have an effect in a few days.

I learned that the Dr I was going to see is very busy and that put the cap on the red flags that I initially had about him...he wanted to put me on Narco therapy (e.g. Prozac or similar) for my high BP instead of trying to treat it. I waited 2 hours in the Dr office and the three appointments in front of me were still waiting :evil: so I just got up and left. I'm going to a different Dr...obviously.

The one thing that would really help lower my BP is about 200-300 miles on the Scoot but it's too damn cold out :(

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
rider45 said:
First, I found this site. Very Good
Second, Learned alot of things people don't like about Honda's even though they love their bikes.
Third, I learned that I still want to own a 1100 Spirit as soon as I can afford to.
Fourth, I hope I will be this year.
If you want a Sabre rather than a Spirit, I've got one for sale ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I learnt that a 44" mud tire flying off my truck can do a lot of damage ! Thankfully only to my truck and no one else. Phew ! Reminder - check torque after installing new rims. :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts