Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I learned that Monday was a pretty tough day. #1- My mother was hit by a drunk driver while she on the way to work. She's physically OK, but the car is totaled. #2- There was a fire 15 feet away from me at the office. A heated ceiling tile device got too hot and went up in flames. Could have been a very serious situation. Nobody was injured thank goodness.

I learned that Melissa earned her High red belt! Congrats!!!!

I learned that I am really enjoying being the one to put the baby to sleep at night. He's VERY good for me. No complaints at all. :D

I learned that wifey is doing well at her P/T job....

I learned that I DID receive a HUGE bonus (I heard correctly from the boss). Unfortunately, TAXES cut the bonus in half!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I learned that the baby had a good time bowling yesterday! He even picked up a 7 pound ball and threw it down the lane. He didn't really understand the concept, but he was having fun..... :D

What have YOU learned this week?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I learned that driving your personal car on a business trip for work sometimes really pays $$$

I also learned that the weather is going to be beautiful this weekend.

Hope Y'ALL have a great weekend from South Georgia !!!

dkight

·
Registered
258 Posts
I got 2 fun days of riding in and not really went nowheres - just riding...
I got to see Ghost Rider with the wife.....Great Company - Great Movie...
Taught my son that if you do business with one company and with the right BS -- you get good discounts.....
Spring is coming and mowing / weedeating can cut into our riding time.....

Everyone have a good weekend.....

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
I learned that in the overnight 50-60mph wind gusts, the grill cover makes a great sail.

I learned that I'm going to be the walking dead today 'cause I'm so freakin' tired from getting up in the middle of the night to address the aforementioned grill problem.

I learned that GM is losing a life-long customer because they just won't stand behind a crappy product.

I learned that Toyota (Likely a Scion), here I come!

I learned that programming on the Mac makes the stuff I do at work look like complete, inelegant garbage.

I learned that journaling my new "learning to program on the mac" project has garnered some excellent feedback and a nice pool of ideas. Go Interwebses!!

I learned that if you hit a stumbling block while learning Cocoa, someone has already solved it and the answer is far, far simpler than you thought it was.

I learned that the next planning meeting for the '08 road trip is next weekend and we're adding more items to the "would like to see" wish list, and nailing down who's going to carry what for tools and equipment. I also learned that between now and when the trip comes, two of us are going to take first aid refreshers and get CPR certified - just in case.

I learned that when it comes time for the trip, at least four of us are going to be on FJRs.

I learned that Lulu publishing company has a really cool idea going.

And I learned that while I don't mind winter as much as some folks, I'm getting really, really sick of not being able to ride. Go away ice. Go. GO!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I learned that Stars new V-Star 1300 is the BOMB! (sorry Honda, but you need to step up!).

·
Registered
327 Posts
I learned...
that T-bone will be here today for a weekend of riding and except for a chance of rain Sunday it should be a great weekend to ride.

that my Spirit 750 has 2 hidden spark plugs, thanks Chuck. http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41681

that my ex is in town, means little to me just glad my son gets to see his mom, finally. wonder if she has any of that support she owes me.

that Dell is incredible on filling orders. I ordered a new laptop for work on Tuesday with an estimated ship date of 2/27/07. Just checked and it shipped yesterday and Fedex says it's gonna be delivered today.

that I have a really nice neighbor with a MINT 750 ACE. So I have a new friend to ride with.

that I have to go to SC Tuesday - Friday next week then back on Sunday -Weds. No big deal if it was most any other week but next weekend is that first weekend of Bikeweek. :(
Any members in Spartanburg area want to try to hook up for dinner one night?

·
Registered
949 Posts
I learned that riding a bike in the rain is not nearly as nerve wracking as I thought it would be.

I learned that wind is much worse than rain but it makes for a great all body workout.

I learned that my once 15 member strong support team is down to 7 and likely to lose 3 more members soon enough. I am starting to get a sinking feeling as I am the only person that can claim almost four years in the operations center as everyone else, including my boss, is a freaking n00b.

I learned that it isn't who you know or what you know that garners respect and wage increases, it is actually more important to know whose @$$ you must kiss. That is why I answer to a 20 year old butt kissing, goof ball,jr high schooler that has been here half as long as me.......

I need a new career

·
Registered
349 Posts
I've learned...
-That I have been away from this board for far too long.
:oops:
-That this week at work was rough...big inspection team
visited. :shock:
-That I have had more "close calls" this week than the entire first year of riding. :x
-That I need to service my bike so I can ride freely. 8)
-That I am looking for post-military work. (19 years of service) :shock:

·
Registered
198 Posts
I learned...

the reason I live in Florida has to be the weather. :D

it's next to impossible to continue riding when you have a sudden allergic eye reaction that pretty much obliterates the vision in one eye. :(

bikers sometimes cry while they are riding. (see above) :oops:

I might get to go riding with some forum members on Sunday. :D

·
Registered
139 Posts
I learned that the weather is clearing up around here just in time for me to go away on my mission trip and miss some really nice riding weather while I'm gone. :evil:

I learned that the first day and a half of my mission trip will be spent sightseeing in Seville and Cordoba. :)

I learned that my new electric razor will last more than 4 weeks of daily shaves on a single charge. (Picture the Energizer Bunny...Still going.) :D

I learned (again) that in the software development business, clients "always" (read "never") know exactly what they want. :wink:

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
I learned that Kara cracks me up. :lol:

I learned that distance really really makes the heart grow fonder when it comes to family.

I learned that it's almost 3 months before my wedding. :shock:

I learned Huet is out for the season and my Habs are in trouble. :?

·
Registered
392 Posts
your habs were in trouble before the injury to huet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I learned that Kara watches wayyyy to many shrek movies. lol

I learned that Installing stair railings and posts is pretty easy to learn

I learned that my wifes grandmother lied to us about making my wife the beneficiary of her bank account (read that to mean - LOADED!!) but instead named her son (wifes uncle) as it even after he swindled her out of her old house and $50K.

I learned that true friends never leave you, and that all it takes is an email to kindle old friend flames

Stan

·
Registered
284 Posts
That dating is a pain in the ass!

That the Sabres really are the best team in hockey

That I truly need a good therapist

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
I've learned that the less I want, the more I have, and the older I get the more I appreciate my wife and kids and just having time together.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I learned that as my daughter gets older (she's nearly 6 months old!) she becomes far easier to travel with! Sleeps great through the night now too!!! :lol:

I learned that having a nice conversation with my wife about the "good old days" does wonders for my love life! :shock:

I learned that my bike is great fun to ride after being out of town skiing for 5 days as long as it doesn't smack me on the bruises (i.e., my a$$) :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
335 Posts
I learned that it sucks to get sick at work...when you rode your bike in. I don't remember most of the ride home. I know I didn't go over 25-30 MPH though...I was just too dizzy and it took me a little while to focus on what I was looking at every time I moved my eyes.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts