Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I learned that the weather has changed and it's beautiful!!!! Went for a great ride yesterday! Looks like I'll be riding very regularly now (it's good to stay regular)! Yay!!!!!

I learned that peeps in my company cannot follow the simplest instructions. There's a reason that I am not a teacher/trainer (I have little patience). UGH! Good thing both the peeps I've had to 'train' are off today....

I learned that I really need to take some time off from work. 2 weeks to go until I have A DAY off.....

I learned that the baby likes kicking a soccer ball and will do so for.... ...well forever so far. He must have gone around the house 15 times!

I learned of a horrific tragedy in VA. Prayers to all.....

What have YOU learned this week?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ive learnt I don't have to wear a sling any more. My tendon repair is 90% at 2 1/2 months for rotator cuff, may take up to 6 more months to get the rest back.

Released back to work, no lifing over 20 lbs for 6- 8 weeks more, Already went back to work 1 month ago, paper work and every ones elses problems.

Going to play my guitar at a Talent contest to raise money for the United WAy.Ive been a Judge for the past 3 yrs of this contest so I thought I'd show them Why I'm the Judge

Going to have the first Motorcylce ride here for the United Way. June 24? Expecting 150 bikes, Going to ride 200 miles then have a BBQ. I'll post it here when I get the date straight

Had my first ride of the season yesterday, cant wait until I get up today

·
Registered
94 Posts
Pneumonia doesnt just effect the chest. Whit little or no chest congestion, but a nasty, what I thought was a lingering sinus infection, turned out to be pneumonia. Doc siad No bike (bicycle or motorcycle) for 5 days, lots of drugs, and still feel like S#!^.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
I learned I don't have much faith in mankind but I'm trying. I will bow my head in silence at noon today for those who lost their lives in Virginia Tech. :cry:

I learned that not many people on my side will be coming to the wedding, but the important people will be there. My mom, dad, brother and nephew.

I learned that florists are really scam artists in disguise. :evil:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I learned that during the first sunny day after 5 days of rain a 9 year old boy can get real muddy! :shock:

I learned how to use Ebay and bought a sissy bar for my ACE so my 11 year old daughter can ride with me this summer :lol:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I learned that the first 500 miles on the new bike can come quick! Damn! Now that the weather's nice I CAN'T give it up for a week!

I learned that some problems you can deal with, and the rest you should put out of your mind.

I learned a 45 minute to an hour ride leaves me feeling like I never went to work at all.

I learned that dumb people breathe, whether you think they're qualified or not.

Have a great weekend everybody!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I learned that you forget the bike was in gear when you crashed it.....that's why it won't roll after you pick it back up.

I hoped i would learn that everyone wants to stop to help.....no, everyone stops hoping to see carnage.

I learned that a giant big rig is a better traffic control device than a bike on it's side.

and finally i learned what i will do if i crash my bike.

·
Registered
1994 Honda Shadow VT1100C. 1993 Honda VF750C Magna.
1,386 Posts
I have just got back from a two day conference at our training facility near Lincoln. Our little team of 12 that covers the country was there.

Day One: Was to discuss the upcoming changes within our organisation and consider the impact of them upon our element of the business. Full and frank discussion was the order of the day until one of the Big Nobs turned up and stifled the whole thing. The afore-mentioned Big Nob heaped praise upon us as we had exceeded all our targets by a country mile.

Day Two: More Big Nobs turn up and we are almost outnumbered by them. They have to implement the changes. We put the case for continuing what we do. They outline the business plan which does not have any scope for our small but effective team. Big Nobs tell us that no decisions have been made yet blah, blah, blah. We argue some more. Big Nobs make condescending and patronising noises. Meeting closes and the plebs (us) leave while the Big Nobs stay on to talk about us. One Medium Nob who I thought was a prat at first came over and chatted informally to me and my colleague. He said he would fight our corner and I think he probably did.

We drove home discussing our options. We are both mavericks to a large extent, and don't fit confortably within an organisation that would prefer you not to think for yourself. I came away with almost 39 years of service under my belt thinking 'F U'.

I think I shall be looking for early retirement and a new career. I may need to change my forum name. :lol:

When I got home there was a note from me missus to phone my credit card company. The first thing I did was to log on to my account and check the recent transactions in case I had forgotten to settle last month's account. Everything looked fine.

I phoned them, and got the card fraud department. Yesterday, while I was in Lincoln and my card was secure in my wallet, someone used my details online and tried to make a purchase from somewhere. The girl told me that their software had flagged it as suspicious and asked me if it was my transaction. It wasn't.

So for the second time in 18 months some ******* has tried to use my card illegally. The company have locked the account down and informed the police (fat lot of good that will do) and now I have to wait for a new card etc etc etc.

Luckily the day is drawing to a close here in England so it probably can't get any worse unless I die in my sleep.

On the plus side, I have next week as holiday. I intend to get some quality bike time in.

Collector

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I learned that the contract I was biding on was accepted, and not just in San Diego, but somehow phoenix got wind and accepted an unsolicited bid too. I am now set for the summer and in no rush to sell the spirit.

I learn that my wife is concerned when I get back from my fun ride late, not because she is mad, but because she worries that I am face down in a gutter ( which coincidentally, is where I met her)

I learned that you must be very ginger on the throttle to get good mileage from the valk, and that is NOT easy.

I learned that this forum has some teething issues now. It seems some folks are taking things to extreme and that’s just not fair.

I learned that Willy W wont have her full compliment on her side at the wedding, but those that really count will be there, my thoughts are with you.

I learned that Eclectic Dawn is a great person and has now published a book that I am dying to read.

I learned that I love my valk, but I truly love my spirit, so having both for as long as I can will be just dandy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.