Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I learned that things are going well with the woman I'm seeing. It's just very difficult to date during the virus apocalypse. She's a nurse educator/RN in an ER. We're limited to "socially distant" dates for now.

I learned that work is going very well. I'm getting a ton of work done. I completed creating a new website tool that may help a lot of people in the company.

I learned that I have a motorcycle ride scheduled for tomorrow. I'm just waiting for the guys to tell me when/where we're meeting up......

I learned that my son's school grades continue to improve since he's been doing all his school work from home.

I learned that my father is still in the hospital. It's been about 5 weeks. He went in with heart failure brought on by an infection. The docs were only treating the heart issue. Now they're working on the infection and everything is starting to improve. My father hasn't been well for over a decade, but he's like a ****roach. He always pulls through....

What have YOU learned this week?

·
Premium Member
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
2,480 Posts
I learned if you wait long enough your parcel may eventually show up.
My cell phone (ZTE AXON7) battery arrived after about 3 weeks.
Modernish cell phones are a difficult mix of tiny screws, stuff and glue, thank goodness for repair videos.
With a magnifier, small tools and a hair dryer and sufficient info it was a success.
If a shaky handed old guy can do it in an hour, I can only imagine how fast a sharp eyed non-shaky youngster could get her done.

·
Registered
2007 Honda Shadow Spirit 750 C2
42 Posts
Learning about trail braking. Not that many Twisties around here but when I encounter them. I should be able to handle them.
😅It has been a Godsend to my slow maneuvers, like u turns, and city driving/cornering abilities.😂
Thank God for u-tube videos. For this aspect of riding at least.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I found out this damn Covid Bug is going to cost me some big bucks: I took some pretty decent damage to one of my shoulders some years back and have had have multiple surgeries to help repair it. Part of the rehabilitation process is working it and lifting weights. Since the COVID scare, all gyms are closed. I don't have the room in the house, so I'm going to build a steel building on the property to set up my own gym. After running the numbers, the cheapest part will be buying the pre-engineered kit itself. Concrete is through the roof around here. Either way, it should be nice when I'm finished.

I learned a guy I work with just had a baby with sever and significant issues. What to say? He's a millennial so I'm not sure how to treat him when he comes back to work. If it was a fellow military dork from my generation it would be simple. A slap on the back, "better luck next time" and let's get back to work......

I learned my oldest is breaking up with her dude. I kinda sorta saw it coming so it's no big surprise. Hopefully he'll take it like a man. Last one I had to go visit and it ended up with me being handcuffed for a short period of time.

I learned that @xrayr seems to do extremely well dating "virtually". Hopefully that'll transform over to "actually" here in the near future. Wishing you much happiness my Brother. Oh, by the way.... is your son's grades doing better because you quit doing his homework for him?????? Ha ha.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Ride hard.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Learning about trail braking. Not that many Twisties around here but when I encounter them. I should be able to handle them. It has been a Godsend to my slow maneuvers, like u turns, and city driving/cornering abilities.
Thank God for u-tube videos. For this aspect of riding at least.
what are you riding on the tails? ooopps.... nevermind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts