Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm happy that I had a pretty good weekend. The baby and I took a pretty long walk down the block Saturday. We also went to the acquarium on Saturday. Yesterday was a fun visit with my parents. Not too bad at all.... :D

I'm happy that I'll be proving my worth at work this week. It's 'pay raise time' or the period of time where they decide how much of a pay raise you'll be getting in May. This week I'll be doing the work of 3 people. :shock: I better be getting a good sized pay raise!!!!

I'm happy that my sister doesn't need a new refrigerator. Turned out to be a "thermal switch" for about a $150 repair bill. She does not need another expense....

I'm happy that I got my cell phone's Walkman issues fixed! It turned out to be the cell phone's software! The old software would incorrectly identify MP3s as NOT DRM-protected when they were. I found the answer while doing a serach of a newsgroup for MP3s. Yay!!! I even added some additional songs to the phone now.... 8)

I'm happy that it's beginning to warm up enough for me to THINK ABOUT taking the bike out of storage. Yup. I haven't taken it out yet. Getting close for it to wake up though.....

Why are YOU happy?

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
I am happy because I had a great weekend.

Got to break bread with Hunter58 at the Honda dealership. Good coffee and donuts. :)

I am happy because the weather has been perfect. Sun, warm weather and cool night time temps to sleep in and rain so far.

I am happy because I got to ride on Saturday.

I am happy because I am ordering a new set of hard side bags for my bike today.

And I am happy because once again I survived another weekend and have a great week ahead.

Chris

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm happy that the local weather guessers were wrong! [sunny and near 80 here Sat and Sun]

I'm happy because I put more than 100 miles on the ACE this past weekend!

I'm happy to be here!

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
My husband was in a car accident on Saturday. He hit a snow bank and flipped the car right onto its roof. I'm happy he is ok! The car isn't.

We hope to be moving soon. I'll be happy if I get good news about the house we want.

Forum members ShadowNorth and Crystal came for a visit on Saturday. I'm happy Crystal is now a member of the Crazy Canucks :)

I have a new computer. Overall i'm happy with Windows Vista.

I'm happy I got a good tax refund. I needed it.

I'm happy because thats how I am.

Happy Birthday Miguel aka MoutainBikeMike

Happy Monday everyone!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm happy because I nearly have my Shadows engine back together.

I'm happy because my ace mechanic and machinist helped me with said motor, thereby giving up a nice day when he could have been riding. Thanks brother.....

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Lisa:

I am very sorry to hear of your Hubby's accident. Thankfully he wasn't injured. A good car can be replaced. A good husband is hard to find.

Send him my best.

Your Southern Bud,

Chris

( try not to screw your new computer up girl ). :)

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Christopher said:
Lisa:

I am very sorry to hear of your Hubby's accident. Thankfully he wasn't injured. A good car can be replaced. A good husband is hard to find.

Send him my best.

Your Southern Bud,

Chris

( try not to screw your new computer up girl ). :)
Thanks Chris!

He is still out of town, so when he gets here, I'll give him hugs and kisses from you too :wink:

I'll do my best to keep this computer working well. :D

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
I'm happy because Lisa didn't get a really bad phone call. *whew*

I'm happy because I got to go riding yesterday, just for the heck of it, alone and quiet.

I'm happy because my part in the weekend maintenance at work turned out to be pretty minimal.

I'm happy that I'm all recovered from my wife running me over with her mini van the other day. She *says* her foot slipped off the brakes. Hmmmm....

I'm happy that the little things in life... a cup of hot tea and a "good morning" from co-workers still matter.

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Lisa:

Ummmmm.........Can you just give him a hand shake from me and let him know I am glad he is OK. :)

The rest of that stuff YOU yourself can give to him. :)

Chris

·
Registered
198 Posts
Why I'm happy...

Bike week seems to have been kinder this year in the fatality category. :)

I got to go to Bike Week twice this year & had a great time both times.

I got to go Scuba diving last night in the 5.7 million gallon aquarium at EPCOT!!! :lol: Face to face with a 7' long Sand Tiger Shark is pretty cool!!!! :shock:

I put about 500 miles on my Victory over the past week!! :lol:

I got to sit on the new Victory Vision touring bike. ( The wife says we need to start saving!!! ) :shock: 8)

·
Registered
942 Posts
Happy that I got to do a 60 mile ride with my grandson yesterday
also that the weather looks good for riding to work for most of the week. Even if they have the road scraped for about 5 miles. ( In the dark this morning it was fun :shock: ) :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm happy that in the last 2 weeks since I bought my bike I've put almost 1000 miles on it. I'm very happy that the roads in the mountains were clear and no snow to be seen in the foothils making it a very beautiful drive yesterday with the wife. I'm happy that today and tomorrow should be 70 and that I have tomorrow off. I'm happy the wife agreed to going on an all day motorcycle trip tomorrow into the mountains without a known destination (that should be tons of fun). I'm happy that I should have my stock pipes sitting on my front step when I get home today. I'm happy that my golden retriever puppy did a great job in puppy class on saturday :D And I love that fact that I have been riding every day to work since last monday and will for sure this whole week. WOOT WOOT!!!

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
rixemailfl said:
I got to sit on the new Victory Vision touring bike.
Pssst. Start a new thread to talk about the bike. I'm anxious to hear about it.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
I'm happy that we got a new TV. Not happy that the old one died just before the hockey game started, but LCD is a great invention! Can't wait for HDTV to watch sports (hockey)!!! :D

I'm happy that both the Leafs & Habs won on Saturday. It would suck if either team didn't make the playoffs. Vancouver is looking very good though.

I'm happy that I almost have my invitations done. I just need to make a map of the venue, put it all together and send them out. Where did the time go??? :shock:

I'm happy that Dawn's health is getting better and that Lisa's hubby is OK after an accident.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.