Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I want to ride, but in spite of my best efforts, I caught a chest cold...congestion and coughing. :-(

So until it clears up, I'm playing it safe and trying to stay warm.

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
I want to ride, but in spite of my best efforts, I caught a chest cold...congestion and coughing. :-(

Hope you feel better , real soon. :)

·
Registered
174 Posts

Get well soon warmer weather is coming.

It's in the high 50's here so i went for a short ride started to rain came home but it was still good to get on the bike and ride for about an hour

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Your get well wishes are sincerely appreciated.

Fortunately, the cold is still at the "mostly annoying" stage and I'm hoping to stop it there. Also fortunately, I'm off work (well, at least I can work from my home office) until next Monday so I'm able to stay warm and toasty for a while.

Even more fortunately, I was just given a bottle of Templeton Rye (The good stuff) as a gift and, in moderation, that should kill the cold, or at least knock it out silly for a while. :D

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
It's getting colder out this way in SE PA. Just yesterday I saw a squirrel wearing mittens to hold his nuts....:roll:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Daggone WIND!!!......

·
Registered
141 Posts
Its going to be in the 60's tomorrow and Sunday and then back to the cold. Can we just fast forward to April.

·
Registered
18,122 Posts
It`s so Cold out =>
At 60 years old, the cold tends to get to me moreso than younger years did...
I`ll break out the Cold weather gear today for our 180 miles round trip to Parade in Ashburn, GA for ABATE...
The ride to, will be nice at 55-60 5 degrees predicted, but that ride home after the sun goes over the horizon will be 40s...

Stay Warm, Stay Alert, Stay SAFE

Merry Christmas
Ann & Dennis

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
It's funny...for me, as I get older it's the heat I can't take. Once it gets above 80-85 I'm looking for A/C. My favorite riding temps would be 50-60, but I'd rather ride in 40 than 80. Plus, no bugs :)

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
It's funny...for me, as I get older it's the heat I can't take. Once it gets above 80-85 I'm looking for A/C. My favorite riding temps would be 50-60, but I'd rather ride in 40 than 80. Plus, no bugs :)
polar( hehehe) opposite here. I am currently in physical and mental misery here in the frozen north.. but..I love New Hampshire ( keep telling yourself that Dave )

·
Registered
18,122 Posts
Yeah, I gotta head North to enjoy riding during August & September :D
Sturgis, Here we Come!!!!

I saw 113 on the road to Sturgis (here in GA) on the interstate in stopped traffic...

I Love winter time riding!!!
I done got the Cold weather/winter gear handy :D

Merry Christmas
Ann & Dennis

·
Registered
365 Posts
Mike, weather.com says 'warmer than normal in the western and central US for the next two weeks.' Good news. I'm getting used to riding in upper forties and fifties to work and back. I just don't ride in the rain.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I did 70 miles in sub 45º temps today. Wasnt the best picnic on the ride home cause the sun went down...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great to hear everyone else watches the weather as much as me lol.

Sorry to hear about the cest cold. Get well soon.

I got some clear weather riding ahead.

This morning was almost to cold. The wife was freezing. But at least I got her out on the bike again.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Did 485 miles today. It was 40 degrees when I left home, so I layered up thinking I would shed some in the afternoon, then put it all back on when the sun set. I never took anything off. Ran the heated seat and grips for a while, and pretty much non stop after it got dark. I've been home for a couple of hours, but my toes are still pretty cold.

Totally worth it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Warmest day we've had in 6 weeks and I'm itching to ride! Hasn't been above 30 for awhile so bike has been parked cuz I'm a whimp at those temps and as a 3rd shift worker I'm usually staring at the back of my eyelids during the warmest parts of the day. Fired up the bike awhile ago and am gonna forego some sleep today to get out on the bike as soon as the temp hits 50. I feel like a kid on Christmas! Can't wait!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I commuted 30 min. each way with temps 25-35 F every day this week. It's a colder walk after I get off going into work.
My best piece of gear is my fleece lined pants.

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
I commuted 30 min. each way with temps 25-35 F every day this week. It's a colder walk after I get off going into work.
My best piece of gear is my fleece lined pants.
Ditto on those lined pants. Bought a couple of flannel-lined jeans and they're a huge help and more comfortable than plain jeans.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts