Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought my 1995 Honda Shadow 1100 ACE and like many of you that post on the Honda Shadow website I wanted to replace the driver pegs with floorboards. I know their are several name brand floorboards that are available and also very expensive. Over the years I've been reluctant to buy anything from J.C. Whitney but I must say that these floorboards they sell for the Harley motorcycle are very nice. Like one post said, they work the best and are the best looking floorboards you could add to your bike for the price . I do not know the similarities in the different models of the Honda Shadow motorcycles. For those of you that do and want to consider these floorboards for your bike if you don't like the OEM pegs this is well worth it. The chrome is as good as I've seen and the hardware is excellent. If you would like pictures and a description of the installation please email me at [email protected] and I'll be happy to send them your way. There are several pictures so it may take a while to download. Hope this will help anyone who is interested.
Regards,
Bill

·
Registered
4 Posts
gotta be a better way than what I did!

Hey, I just emailed you - I'm in EXACTLY the same situation. I have a '95 ACE 1100, and I got the JC Whitney boards and I came up with a kind of ****amamie way to attach the L-shaped splined bracket from the kit to the original hollow cube-shaped mounts for the pegs, involving drilling out the 5/16" hole in the mounts to 3/8" and running a 3/8" stainless bolt through the top of the cube, through a nut and a bunch of stainless washers, and then through the bracket, then out through the bottom of the cube and another washer/nut. But in order to keep the L-shaped bracket from wiggling from side to side I had to make a shim to wedge it against the inside of the cube, and it isn't as secure as I'd like (though it's not going anywhere). I'd be really interested to see your solution.

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just bought some Highway Hawk boards for my Sabre.

I am sure that they are the same boards some of you have from KC Int'l--just re-branded and twice the price.

I am having a problem with the board "rocking" as I move my foot on it. The weight of my heel tilts the board and then I can't get my foot under the shifter. The brake side also rocks.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ed

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
I have the JC Whitney floorboards on mine and I did not have to drill any holes. What's up with that?
I used a 5/16 bolt with a few washers to fill in the gap inside the stock mounting bracket (nice and tight) and a chrome accorn nut to top it off.
I've ordered several parts and accessories from JC Whitney in the past and had good luck with all of them. You get what you pay for and then some. They've been in business since I was a kid (50+ years) so I figure they must be doing something right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts