Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on a couple of previous threads I have decided to order some Jafrum Saddlebags off of Ebay. I am looking for input on What size to get. I have a 2001 ACE 750. Do I need to get slant bags or will the regular one work fine? I am purchasing some brackets from a member of the forum and just won a sissybar with luggage rack off of Ebay. Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
296 Posts
No mate, you don't need the Slant Bags. You only require them for bikes like mine, that have the Turn Signals up high (see pick below).

As far as size goes ............ the bigger the better :wink: . As long as they fit properly of course. :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have the Spirit 750 with Jafrums and I didn't get the slant. I didn't have to relocate the turn sigs and they fit fine (see my sig pic). Also, I don't have any brackets. The leather is very stiff and does not hit the tires at all.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
I just bought a pair from a forum member (Thanks Vampyre!) and I just installed them on my Puff last night.

They're really not bad at all for the price and You can't wrong for 45 bucks! I did the "drill a couple of holes and wire tie them down" and just took Puff for a quick spin and see no issues. I'm eventually going to get the Leatherlykes but this will delay that decision for quite awhile.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I imagine you've seen the page entitled Jarfume Saddlebags, 3 pages back now, which talks about these bags and making them work. My '96 a.c.e. came withe the chrome extensions moving the turn signals back about 6-7" on the fender. I went anal-retentive measuring and re-measuring the height, width, and length of the bags before I made my choice to make sure they didn't lay on the pipes or ride too far forward to interfere with a passenger's legs or feet on the pegs. The Jarfume bags were the largest capacity bags I could find, and I love 'em!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts