Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok - so I know this has been posted about 100 times, but I thought I would throw in another reference point.

I have been reading up on Jafrum in all the old posts and took the plunge today. I ordered a helmet, jacket, gloves, and bags (small slants). It all came to about $200 with shipping.

The experience to order so far has been great, I have had to call them twice (for my mistakes, not theirs) and the customer service reps are local workers right there in Carolina. Both of the young ladies I spoke with were extremely polite and helpful.

I have not received confirmation of when my order will be shipped or ETA yet, but I have to imagine it will take a bit. I live in po-dunk Oregon which is listed on their site as one of the slowest places to ship to.

When I receive the products I will post pics and reviews (as in depth as I can).

So far it's been great and I can't wait to get my products.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I ordered a DOT half-helmet from Jafrum and it was like $26. The quality felt great - very sturdy an well-made. I had to send it back because it simply didn't fit my basketball head (neck strap was more of a throat-strap, and non-adjustable), but that's my problem, not theirs. Return went without a hitch.

I've heard a lot of good things about them and their pricing and quality shows that you can sell stuff for less than $100 and still stay in business.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've ordered twice, both with excellent results. First time was was a half helmet, second time was Milwaukee "Trooper" boots. The price can't be beat and the delivery time is quick. I would not hesitate to order again.

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
If its leather. I order it from Jafrum. I have had excellent luck with them and the Pistol Pete jacket I ordered is excellent. I love that jacket.

Chris

·
Registered
889 Posts
Ive had really good luck with them as well......although the saddlebags I just got were a lot bigger than I had expected......I decided to try and move my turn signals rather than send the bags back......the price of the bags was that good.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I think they're pretty decent. The leather seems fine but not top-quality construction. I've ordered a couple helmets, saddlebags, and a nice jacket from them. The jacket is my favorite, nice and thick with zip-out Thinsulate liner. The throw-over saddlebags work well enough, but the studs are rusting even though the bike has never been wet (just condensation from being covered outside.)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The helmet I ordered was the 608 Modular helmet. I will submit a review and pics when I receive. I got confirmation today my order has shipped.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I just received my $24.99 Jafrum half helmet yesterday. It seems to be of good quality and the fit is good. They could use a proofreader though. The label inside the helmet tells me to be sure to fasten the "chip strap".

·
Registered
406 Posts
They do have some nice stuff. I have some gloves, chaps, and the biker jacket with the zip out lining from them. My only complaint is that the jacket is cut so that the arms can't be raised up very high without pulling the entire jacket up. I got a full face from them that was nice except for putting a lot of pressure on the ears (enough to make it painful past an hour or so), and a half helmet that was a mushroom so I sent it back without any problem.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ordered the braided leather chaps..was very pleased with the price and quality..but I'm having a problem with one of the zippers, it separates while I'm riding and is very difficult to get undone..right now I'm blaming it on the stiffness of the leather and am hoping it will stop separating as the leather softens. Anybody else had this happen and how would you prevent it from occurring..or should I just try and return them..

John

·
Super Moderator
6,531 Posts
Lou Pietrandrea said:
Ive had really good luck with them as well......although the saddlebags I just got were a lot bigger than I had expected......I decided to try and move my turn signals rather than send the bags back......the price of the bags was that good.
Hey lou,
Forgive me if I asked you this before.........but what bags did you get from Jafrum?
I've been looking for larger saddle bags.

I love every aspect of my LeatherLykes except for their size. They're okay for "around the town" riding but they don’t have enough space for weekend trips!
Thanks,
Phil

·
Registered
889 Posts
Equis454 said:
The helmet I ordered was the 608 Modular helmet. I will submit a review and pics when I receive. I got confirmation today my order has shipped.
I got the same helmet.....I love it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got my order today - I will be writing a full review soon!

So far I can at least tell you, I'm sending the helmet back, the jacket rocks, the gloves are great, and saddlebags are too big.

Again - full review with pics to come...

·
Registered
296 Posts
I just ordered a Sissy Bar (SB-1) bag from them today, for my big trip away in May. I have been keen on this bag for a few months now, but finally bit the bullet today. Will let you know about it when it arrives. But don't hold your breath, as it takes things a while to get Down Under.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jafrum - Update Review with Pics

Ok - so I have been slammed lately (BRT class) but I finally got pics uploaded and here we go.

Jacket -

The jacket is awesome. The leather is very thick and durable and the zippers are heavy duty YKK. There is a nylon (I think it's nylon) mesh lining. There are 4 zippered vents (2 front and 2 back) that open to the lining.
The jacket has double reinforced leather at the kidneys and laces to titen the waist on the sides. The out-of-the-box laces are leather that tie, but I replaced these with nylon cord and toggles.

The jacket has a zip-out thinsulate vest liner. I took this out for my rides so far, but will add significant warmth in colder weather.

The best thing I can say about this jacket is I wore it for my MSF class today. The temperature was about 45 degrees and raining (heavy rain at times). I did not get cold or wet. The jacket has not even been treated yet but it did not get heavier, harder to maneuver in, or uncomfortable.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
aussieron said:
I just ordered a Sissy Bar (SB-1) bag from them today, for my big trip away in May. I have been keen on this bag for a few months now, but finally bit the bullet today. Will let you know about it when it arrives. But don't hold your breath, as it takes things a while to get Down Under.
You won't be disapointed. For the price it's a great bag. My only complaints are that when there's nothing in it the bag doesn't hold it's shape and I always seem to find a place to pull over and put the rain cover on 5 minutes after it starts downpouring.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.