Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am a newbie to the site and to the whole motorcycle thing but I am not new to forums and i know people hate when newbies ask the same questions over and over again but I did do a search before posting and i didnt really find the answer i was looking for so.... with that said, Do you have to re jet your shadow for just an exhaust upgrade??? I heard from someone once that with just an exhuast upgrade you do not need to re jet the carb. Is this true? Just in the market for pipes and want to know all i need to buy to make this a successful deal. I appreciate the help! Thanks

·
Registered
‘00 Valkyrie Interstate, ‘01 Spirit 1100, 99 VLX
1,341 Posts
Check out this sticky at the top of the Technical Discussion page:

Has a great "how-to" of a rejet, as well as some of the "why's."

Having rejetted both our bikes, one with HK exhaust and one with stock, I say why not rejet? HK recommends it, as do most if not all other exhaust manufacturers. I figure they have nothing to gain other than protecting the company's reputation, and besides, surely they've done better research than I'm capable of in my own garage. To me the "butt-dyno" performance was convincing enough to leave the kit in place even after going back to stock exhaust on the VLX.

CB

·
Registered
865 Posts
I know that a lot of people don't rejet after an exhaust change with no problems, but I found out just a couple of hours ago that with stock exhaust and stock jets, my header pipes get red hot. With the bike running that lean already, I will definitely rejet if I change my exhaust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts