Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I recently got back on two wheels here in Okinawa, I had to have my carbs rebuilt and a slew of issues with registering the bike.

long story short I have the bike running, registered and I am enjoying it... now to focus on some smaller issues:

the first and my primary concern is to re-jet the carb.
I have V&H pipes on and when I let off the throttle the exhaust pops quite a bit. The weather is usually warm and humid here (not sure if it matters) and am having a hard time deciding... the choices I am looking at are the V&H kit and the Cobra kit. The cobra kit seems to have different sizes which is throwing me for a loop.
V&H
Vance & Hines Carburetor Jet Kit - Cruiser Motorcycle 2006 Honda Shadow 1100 Sabre - Motorcycle Superstore
Cobra
Honda Shadow Spirit 1100 Cobra Carburetor Jet Kit | Chrome World=&

what is suggested?

on another note, I would like to get a brighter speedometer, the stock one is not as bright as I want it and makes it hard to see the KMPH numbers, plus I need something for rust control/cleaner.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 2005 Shadow 750 is jetted to match V+H pipes but put the stock ones back on (too loud) so I am looking to go back to non-jetted carburator. Maybe swap?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No Offense Phil, but I prefer to buy the jet kit brand new, however I'll sell you my stock stuff... price = shipping for priority UPS if you are up for it... only reason I prefer priority is that I am at an APO and the .mil shipment is slow as **** any other way but priority.

I have a 99 1100 spirit, if the stock parts work for yours you can have em.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts