Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got one of these Joe rocket phoenix jacket 3.0. It's an older version of the jacket but in good condition. If you have one would you recommend it?

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
We wear one and find it satisfactory, but we use ours only in warm/hot weather. Although the thing has an inner liner, we have never used it. We switch to a leather jacket when the temps go below 80F. Our Joe Rocket Phoenix is now three years old and is used quite a bit. It seems to be holding up well.

We trudge on.

·
Registered
843 Posts
The jacket is reasonably priced and works well above 25C/77F. Below this I wear leather. Without the liner it flows air really well. There is reasonable forearm/elbow as well as back padding. There are adjustments for the forearm and waist. It would have been better to get a light colour. Black gets hot.

While I have not crashed tested any of my gear, I feel it protects me reasonably well, but not as well as leather. I have seen crash photos of some who have gone down and the mesh keeps the armour in place.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have a Phoenix though I'm not 100% sure which version it is. I would recommend it. Air flow is good and works well in cooler weather with the liner.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I bought a used one on CL, didn't have a liner but I didn't need one, just wanted the mesh jacket for this hot North Carolina summer. cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.