Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I have a 2003 Shadow Saber, and I want to find a nicer seat. Something like a mustang but less than $500. i am willing to buy used, or are there any comparable styles that will fit?

·
Registered
2003 VT1100C Spirit
960 Posts
Howdy John Box!

I like the Mustang seats...even have two sets for the Valkyrie. I was able to the get the 'two up' Mustang set for the Valkyrie from a guy who bought it, rode a couple of times, didn't like it. Got it for around half price including shipping. The solo Mustang seat with back rest was purchased new from an online dealer who was clearing house. Paid less than half price for it and thought the offer was a mistake until the seat showed up at the front door. Both purchases were the result of lots of internet searches over time and some dumb luck.

The Shadow set up was purchased full price from Mustang and I think it was worth the expense. But...it is possible to get a good used Mustang seat with a little patience.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi All, I have a 2003 Shadow Saber, and I want to find a nicer seat. Something like a mustang but less than $500. i am willing to buy used, or are there any comparable styles that will fit?
Where are you located John, I just happen to have a Mustang wide vintage seat in perfect shape I might be willing to part with for a Sabre.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
consider taking your bike to a local upholstery shop. Amazing what a good upholsterer can do. Many can customize your seat to your butt. Amazing how just covering what you have with better foam and real leather can do as well. Worth your time. Shouldn't cost much to ask.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts