Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just checking in. I still have the book. Although we all really like the idea of handing off in person, and I've been hoping to do so, it doesn't look like that's going to be an option. The closest next rider is Snooze in WA, and I just can't make it that far anytime soon, and I've delayed too long (Sorry all). This weekend I'll be taking the journal on my last ride with it, through the best twisty roads of Northern California and into southern Oregon. If there are any new voices in Oregon let me know, otherwise I can do one of two things:

1. Mail it to Snooze in WA

2. Keep it a few more weeks and ride it to UT in May, and with any luck making a handoff to UTAHMAN in person.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Re: Whoops

sebastian said:
I was logged in with the wrong (old) account. This is me!
Hey Sebastian,

Have you gotten any takers on moving the journal on?

If not, please mail it to Snooze so we can get it going again.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Unless you specifically want it to stay out West, I would be happy to put some miles on it down here. We may have some forum members in the SE who have not seen it yet.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Wassup said:
Unless you specifically want it to stay out West, I would be happy to put some miles on it down here. We may have some forum members in the SE who have not seen it yet.
Like me. Lets get it to the East and maybe take it to the two rallies (East Coast and Canadian) this summer. I paln to be at both.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
C Nile said:
Wassup said:
Like me. Lets get it to the East and maybe take it to the two rallies (East Coast and Canadian) this summer. I paln to be at both.
Yea, good idea. I have already registered for the ECR, so a bunch of HSN members could get to see it.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Wassup said:
C Nile said:
Wassup said:
Yea, good idea. I have already registered for the ECR, so a bunch of HSN members could get to see it.
this sounds like a wonderful idea

·
Registered
640 Posts
I sent a PM to Sebastian but haven't heard back from him. Anyone know of another way to reach him?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sleadhed and I came close to a working out a handoff, but it couldn't pan out so I'll be sending the journal to him this week.

Sorry for the delay on this, all.

Sebastian

·
Registered
203 Posts
sadie43 said:
Wassup said:
C Nile said:
Wassup said:
this sounds like a wonderful idea
I agree. I would love to have a shot at taking the journal up here in PA. There are some great rides in the mountains of PA. 8)

·
Registered
749 Posts
Update: Sleadhed should have the journal in about a week and he will hand it off to me in Moses Lake, WA. I need to find another rider to hand it off to. I'm pretty much in the middle of the state so I can get it east to Spokane, south to the tri cities or north to Coulee dam area. If there is no one to personally deliver it to the next option will be to mail it somewhere. I'll let Joe (Spirit_1100) decide where it should go. I'll try to get it moving within a couple of days or so after I get it.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Snooze said:
Update: Sleadhed should have the journal in about a week and he will hand it off to me in Moses Lake, WA. I need to find another rider to hand it off to. I'm pretty much in the middle of the state so I can get it east to Spokane, south to the tri cities or north to Coulee dam area. If there is no one to personally deliver it to the next option will be to mail it somewhere. I'll let Joe (Spirit_1100) decide where it should go. I'll try to get it moving within a couple of days or so after I get it.
Hey Les,

Just let me know when you get it and what the plans are. I would prefer that it doesn't get mailed if there are riders willing to meet up and take it. But, it is getting to be prime riding season and we just need to keep it rolling.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
749 Posts
Spirit_1100 said:
Snooze said:
Hey Les,

Just let me know when you get it and what the plans are. I would prefer that it doesn't get mailed if there are riders willing to meet up and take it. But, it is getting to be prime riding season and we just need to keep it rolling.

Thanks,

Joe
We're having some really unpredictable weather out this way right now but I'm hoping it will start warming up pretty quick and summer will be here in a week or so (I'm a fair weather rider :) ).

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
If the Journal ever gets to PA, I'd like to ride along with it...Vito, this means you...since you live real close to my kids...

I signed it when it was in New England back in 2004...geezh, it's been 4+ years bouncing around now...lets git 'er done and to Linda!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to see it again 8)

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Labswine said:
I signed it when it was in New England back in 2004...geezh, it's been 4+ years bouncing around now...lets git 'er done and to Linda!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for saying what I was thinking. That is why I wanted it rolling again.

Please remember all...the Journal needs to end up in St. Louis around the middle of May (whichever year it stops going around)...so that I can run the Journal up on the anniversary of his passing.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
looking forward to that ride Joe.

Sorry I missed the wedding. Was seriously contemplating riding out for it but then changed jobs. Much better place now. Looking forward to our next ride. Have you thought about bikes bugs and bands in Eldorado with Rendall? Should be a blast!

See you my friend!

Gonz

·
Registered
10 Posts
I now have the Journal. Sebastian mailed it to me(Maple Valley, Washington), I received it on Friday. It has been with me all weekend. I was hoping to get it up to Chinook pass on Mt.Rainier but the road will not be cleared of this winters snow pack until Memorial weekend (next weekend). We will try to get up there next weekend when we take it to Snooze in Moses Lake for the hand off. Today when I tried to get up to Chinook Pass I got to where the gates are still closed. There I stopped and opened it up and started to read some of the entries. I can't even describe what an honor it is to hold this very special tribute in my hands. Though I never got a chance to interact with Woody I can only hope that he has enjoyed the miles that we have put on this weekend.
Any how the little red book will be passed on soon to the next rider soon.
Sleadhed
aka Ken C.
P.S. thank you woody!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts