Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, after working with a few people, as I might have a buddy or two do a pretty good drive to get here ( nothing like glen did though...wow)

We are planning on March 18th ( sunday) for Julian. The people who wish to meet in Orange county we will meet in the target parking lot at highway 5 and Alicia and ride down together. It's easy on and off the highway. ( 8:30 am)

From there, Sparc and Hotchick have all ready set up the good southern meeting place, so why mess with perfection. We will hook up with the San Diego County crew at Highway 76 and Highway 15 at the park and ride.

The vote seems to be to start the ride from there at 10:30 am. I have been told that in Julian,there is an excellent barbacue place if no one is oppossed.

After that, we have 2 choices, hop on the bikes and there is a good pie place right outside of town, or just have it there.

This should give us a nice ride up and down Palomar mountain, and some beautifal scenery for th rest of the ride.

the only warning, I will be bringing my good camera this time

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry, been at work a lot.......I will get that for you, its right off highway 5, at alicia parkway, go left over the highway, its right there.

I will get the address for you though

·
Registered
227 Posts
I think I know that target parking lot ... there is a tire store there too isnt there ? Not going to make this one though .. your all safe.
Glen

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glen,

from the stories I hear, there is not a road in the land of the free you dont know.

I am completely amazed at they way you ride, definetly an inspiration

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks for the address OCPete. I am looking forward to meeting you guys and a great ride on the 18th.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Who from the north side is planning to go?

tvaudio, do you want to ride down together?

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry....been a little bit of a slacker on posting, will post a route map shortly, after one of my kids shows me how to use the software correctly

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
glad to hear you are okay for the most part.......just make sure you get back on the bike as soon as possible, i know I was shaky for a day, but lucky for me the last group ride was 12 hours later the next morning, so it was get over it quick.

Its scary, but chrome and paint can get replaced, just glad you're good

·
Registered
78 Posts
Gonna try

Sounds like a fun run. I want to meet some of my fellow shadow riders too. So I will try to be at OC meeting place on Alicia Pkwy.
Cheers TRed2 :)

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
be great to have you along, I 'll pm my cell early next week and do a roll call.

·
Registered
342 Posts
sdbrit68 said:
Okay, after working with a few people, as I might have a buddy or two do a pretty good drive to get here ( nothing like glen did though...wow)

We are planning on March 18th ( sunday) for Julian. The people who wish to meet in Orange county we will meet in the target parking lot at highway 5 and Alicia and ride down together. It's easy on and off the highway. ( 8:30 am)

From there, Sparc and Hotchick have all ready set up the good southern meeting place, so why mess with perfection. We will hook up with the San Diego County crew at Highway 76 and Highway 15 at the park and ride.

The vote seems to be to start the ride from there at 10:30 am. I have been told that in Julian,there is an excellent barbacue place if no one is oppossed.

After that, we have 2 choices, hop on the bikes and there is a good pie place right outside of town, or just have it there.

This should give us a nice ride up and down Palomar mountain, and some beautifal scenery for th rest of the ride.

the only warning, I will be bringing my good camera this time
Just some quick advice from a FNG who used to live in Julian.

Try Bailey's Barbeque on Main St in downtown Julian, or the Rong Branch Restaurant & Taven on Washington St. They both have the best BBQ & burgers.

Stick with 'The Julian Pie Company" for the best pies. They have one on Main St in Julian and another in Santa Isabella next to Dudley's Bakery (Dudley's has the best fresh baked bread in the county.) that you'll pass on Highway 78 on the way up to Julian. Stay away from "Grandma's Pies" on main St. They had a "B" rating from the County Health Department for several years.

Head back on Highway 76 and stop by the "Hideout Tavern" on Highway 76 just east of Lake Henshaw on West Loop Road. There's about 300 bikes there on any given Sat or Sun.

Enjoy and ride safe.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you left out what we really care about.......How are you ?

you said you got bruised up some, everything okay ?

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well......a local dealership has the 2006 spirit 1100's on sale for $6499 when you get the insurance check

1 - 16 of 16 Posts