Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To this Forum. I'm old to Harleys, new to Hondas. Whole different set of issues. I'm searching, copying, pasting--making my own abbreviated researched "owner's manual" since I don't have one (got the shop manual) so I'm prepared for the inevitable.

The site is a great resource. Knowledgeable people. I'd be remiss in not saying so. So, once again, thanks.

P.S. Found a brand new copy of the Honda 2003 Shadow Spirit owner's manual on Amazon for $20.
In case anyone else is looking for something similar.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
You know there are downloadable manuals in the stickies of this site????

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know there are downloadable manuals in the stickies of this site????
Thought I'd looked all over this site for just the simple owner's manual. It would save me some time getting familiar. Got the service manual.

I'm either blind, stupid, or unlucky. Um, in this regard only. ;-)
Only my wife knows which one. I can't find stuff around the house, either.

Thanks, but I'm not finding it.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Hey Lakota,
Lots of service manuals but no owner's manuals, at least not as far as I've been able to find. IMO it's nice but to have the owner's manual, but if you have the service manual, you've got all that info and more.

Dave

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hey Lakota,
Lots of service manuals but no owner's manuals, at least not as far as I've been able to find. IMO it's nice but to have the owner's manual, but if you have the service manual, you've got all that info and more.

Dave
Dave,

Believe it or not, I found the owner's manual (new, $20) on Amazon.
Amazing what you can find there.
Thanks!

Delivery estimate: Aug. 11, 2011 - Aug. 19, 2011
"Honda Factory Owners Manual / 2003 VT750DC Shadow Spirit Owner Manual / Pt # 31MCR620"
$20.00
Usually ships in 1 to 3 weeks
Sold by:

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Dave,

Believe it or not, I found the owner's manual (new, $20) on Amazon.
Amazing what you can find there.
Thanks!

Delivery estimate: Aug. 11, 2011 - Aug. 19, 2011
"Honda Factory Owners Manual / 2003 VT750DC Shadow Spirit Owner Manual / Pt # 31MCR620"
$20.00
Usually ships in 1 to 3 weeks
Sold by:
World of Powersports
See Lakota, life is good from the HSN site.........

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Lakota....

If you have the service manual, you have no need of the owners manual.

Hence, my postings of the service manuals...

Unless you need to read the words "Wear a helmet....TCLOCS...."...etc...

This is the post to the Honda service manual for your Honda:

http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/53...1000-honda-service-manual-spirit-vt750dc.html

You can use this for your bike more effectively than the "owner's manual"...

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
The owners manuals often contain info not found in the service manual, I.E. service intervals, recommended tire inflation, oil viscosity, tire size, etc. I think it's a good idea to have both if at all possible.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Welcome to the forums. If i had seen your post sooner, i would have told you i have linked the 2002 spirit owners manual on here already.. should be pretty **** close to the same thing.

Here you go...

http://www.mediafire.com/?3cuh1l15k64h91j

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
The owners manuals often contain info not found in the service manual, I.E. service intervals, recommended tire inflation, oil viscosity, tire size, etc. I think it's a good idea to have both if at all possible.
Actually, all of that info is contained in the official Honda Service Manual.

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
884 Posts
Every bit of info contained in the owner's manual is also contained in the dealership shop manual. At the beginning of every chapter are the specs for the items discussed within that chapter, including oil viscosity, tire pressure, and even a service interval chart. The difference is that the stuff in the service interval chart are not discussed immediately following the chart, and not from the owner's perspective (have xyz service done), but rather from the shop's point of view and explaining in detail how to do those non-owner-serviceable routines.

I have the owner's manual on our file server, along with a word.doc that has a table of contents I've made that tells exactly which page (on the computer, not in the chapter) contains contains the data I reference the most, or at least have needed to reference to do needed routine maintenance.

I removed the owner's manual from my bike, threw out the tool kit, and have used the space for a little extra electronics that simply won't fit in the minimal space under the seat. The tool kit is pretty useless, especially since I have everything redone in quality tools that I can toss in a hardbag when going further than a half-day away. The owner's manual is almost useful as a door-stop, but only if you tear out enough pages to push the remaining book under the door to keep it from blowing closed/open.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts