Honda Shadow Forums banner

Just a Thank You !!

2K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  Aero98 
#1 ·
I have been a member of numerous forums ( some motorcycle and other hobbies / interests ) and wanted to say that this forum has been very educational and I have enjoyed my stay here. It's very low keyed, has very little fighting going on and also has some entertaining threads as well.

I watch all the new threads and the subsequent posts veteran members offer up and I sometimes wonder if the veteran members who have been around a while really understand just how helpful you riders are ? This site has been a godsend to many of us newbies and your posts have given us less educated bikers insight into problems as well as the proper operation of our bikes. You save us headaches as well as money.

I have also had members provide moral support to me behind the scenes
while facing my daily health battles ( Thank you Lisa ) and have had other members take the time to e-mail me or answer questions off the forum ( thanks Raph ).

I guess we can all take things for granted, including this forum, but I for one just wanted to thank all of you for taking the time to post answers, suggestions or even the kind words of support you give to newbies like me. I am sure some of you have better things to do then to answer questions from some newbie who doesn't have a clue, but in the spirit of bikerhood, you do make some of our lives much easier.

Thanks everyone,

Chris

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks for the good words about the forum Chris. This place is a brotherhood (sisterhood) that is unlike most forums I have visited...especially when it comes to new members asking the same question that the veterans answered last month and every month for the past 6 months. This is definitely a great group of people.

Good luck with your daily health issues and I hope you get in all the riding your heart needs.

(I took the Valk out for a spin last night even though the temps were in the 30s. It sure felt good twisting through the corners or accelerating hard after a slow corner. It really does wonders to lift the spirits and clear the head.)

Joe

#7 ·
Over the years I have been a member of a few communities...I got to agree with Chris, the knowledge I have obtained by not only reading threads (yes even old ones) but by PARTICIPATING!!!! is fantastic.

I encourage all the lurkers to register and join in the conversation and be apart of a great board with a wealth of information.

Marty

#9 ·
I agree with all the above post. being a newbee, there have been a lot of questions i have been "afraid" to ask, but there are a lot of good people here. Most of which were also newbees once. Thanks too all who have help anyone.

#10 ·
Chris , wise words that we all have thought about why we belong to this site. WE must help and educate all who dare to ask for it is our love and safety of riding. Their are many Medicial people here as well that would be glad to answer questions or just lend an ear. If I can help you in any way , please PM me or e-mail .

#11 ·
I too wish you all the best with your health and a full recovery. You are correct in saying it is a great forum, not a pissing and moaning group of people who just want to ride and help with questions when asked, you really don't find this kind of family on some of the other forums.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.