Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and after about 15 years, I'm getting back on 2 wheels. Last bike was a Shadow VLX, and I'm excited to get back on a Shadow!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Congrats on the bike purchase! And welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
welcome bud!

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Welcome, congrats on your new ride, post a pic if your proud!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the welcome (the pic of Wonder Woman - that was worth the price of admission alone).

So far, I'm digging the bike. It rides differently than my old VLX - thae Phantom feels more beefy, and not as nimble. But that's good, and the VLX was a 600 vs. the 750. I like that it feels more substantial - if that's the right way of putting it.

Haven't ridden it much - it needs tires, so I don't want to push it. It's an '10 model, with low miles, and I suspect the previous owner may have been exceeding the proper weight limits to have worn the rear tire so quickly. So, I have a set of Metzelers inbound this week. I've already added the backrest - next, saddlebags, windshield, yadda, yadda, yadda....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice pic Kevio, got the truck to match eh? That's awesome. Just got a Phantom of my own about a month ago; love it! Where you from?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually, I had the truck first. It was a stock white (ugh) Silverado, and I just had it painted back, put the SS 20s on it, the tonneau cover and an induction hood. Looks faster than it really it.

Now, back to the Shadow - I got the Metzelers installed. Unfortunately, after about 2 or 3 miles, the rear tire rolled off the rim as I was slowly going around a corner. No damage to the bike, and the shop that installed the tires came and picked it up for repair. According to them, the tube had a pinpick in it, so it held air until there was weight on it. I dunno about that - they gave me the old tube, and I stood on it (aired up), and it didn't leak. I guess it's possible the old tire had a piece of wire in it that punctured the tube but was keeping it sealed. Who knows? Regardless, they replaced the tube and brought the bike back to me (and gave me a certificate for a free oil change/service next time) - all at no charge. Good service.

Oh, and I'm in the deep south - where it's reallyreally hot!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts